"Disappointing" attendances

And for league games our ground is mostly full every game.

The Nou Camp holds 99,354 so that’s over 24k empty seats every week!

For some cup games they’ve had attendances similar to ours today, which is totally dead in a 99k stadium.

Pep wouldn’t dare say anything about his fellow Catalans.
Barca had 42k for a league match last year as well. Never happens at our place.

Big Mick's header that day ? No way would we have had 20k tickets unsold for a derby. Think the capacity was 48 by then maybe 44 but even so there must've been a reason for such a small crowd - one of the stands closed ?
32,440 was the official attendance that day,and we were shit in the 80s.

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

Barcelona are averaging 76,000 this season.

I think Pep doesn’t understand why we have so many empty seats for certain games, why the fans leave early, and why we don’t support the team.

It was and probably still is a shock to his system after coming from Bayern, where they get 75,000 every home match, the stadium stays full until the final whistle, and their fans sing and support the teams constantly for 90 minutes.

I think the last derby at home was a prime example of what has happened to our support, and what probably annoys Pep on the QT. 1-2 down with over 10 minutes to go, City fans start heading for the exits, and the stadium was silent.

That sounds like your opinion not Pep's.

Barcelona are averaging 76,000 this season.

I think Pep doesn’t understand why we have so many empty seats for certain games, why the fans leave early, and why we don’t support the team.

It was and probably still is a shock to his system after coming from Bayern, where they get 75,000 every home match, the stadium stays full until the final whistle, and their fans sing and support the teams constantly for 90 minutes.

I think the last derby at home was a prime example of what has happened to our support, and what probably annoys Pep on the QT. 1-2 down with over 10 minutes to go, City fans start heading for the exits, and the stadium was silent.
He has had 4 yrs to understand why that is

32,440 was the official attendance that day,and we were shit in the 80s.
I remember the first derby after we were promoted in 85 and there were circa 48000 there, the 5-1 there were 47 or 48 so what happened for this one - must've been something more than just us being rubbish and live tv

Big Mick's header that day ? No way would we have had 20k tickets unsold for a derby. Think the capacity was 48 by then maybe 44 but even so there must've been a reason for such a small crowd - one of the stands closed ?
You might be right about 48k. I think it was a capacity of 52k for Charlton in ‘85, but Bradford might have led to the fire regs changing in stadiums. That’s certainly ringing a bell. it definitely went down around that time without the stadium changing.

Yes, Big Mick’s header. Fucking brilliant goal. It was a Sunday afternoon iirc and live on ITV. No other reason for the low crowd as far as I can remember. No stands closed, no. United fans were (inter alia) in the Platt Lane. Crowd of 32 to 35k seemed about right from what I recall. Definitely less than 40k.

We have a better attendance to capacity ratio than Liverpool in the Prem - this season and last. We had a big crowd for Port Vale, but on some very rare occasions like today when fans are saving the money for Weds and Madrid, and obviously it doesn't look great on tv - but then again I wouldn't know as I was there. MU have had some half empty stadiums recently - not much said about that apart from excuses from Tyler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.