"Disappointing" attendances

You might be right about 48k. I think it was a capacity of 52k for Charlton in ‘85, but Bradford might have led to the fire regs changing in stadiums. That’s certainly ringing a bell. it definitely went down around that time without the stadium changing.

Yes, Big Mick’s header. Fucking brilliant goal. It was a Sunday afternoon iirc and live on ITV. No other reason for the low crowd as far as I can remember. No stands closed, no. United fans were (inter alia) in the Platt Lane. Crowd of 32 to 35k seemed about right from what I recall. Definitely less than 40k.
Capacity was 65k for Charlton :-)

Disappointing attendances? Who’s disappointed? 39 fucking thousand against Fulham who brought a couple of coach loads (not that I blame them for that). How many were at the other grounds ? I bet we were still one of the highest.

Pep can get fucked slating us fans about attendances, the fuckin red hoodie needs to go as well, we don’t do red :-/
Trying to make Pep feel wanted and valued ? We have a better attendance to capacity ratio than Liverpool in the Prem, but as a club we need to grow the fan base to take up the slack. Pep's not slating us.

That sounds like your opinion not Pep's.

It’s no secret that he is frustrated by our home support, the early leavers, and the lack of atmosphere, and the lack of support his teams get at the Etihad.

It is a massive contrast to Bayern and German football in general.

As for Barcelona, we are talking about a ‘99,000’ seater stadium. Even with average crowds of 76,000 it’s impossible to fill it on a regular basis. I think Barcelona have filled it once this season in the CL? I’m sure it was full at times when Pep was Barcelona Manager.

Regardless if my opinions are right or wrong, Pep seems to have an on-going issue with our home support. In his defence he hasn’t said a bad word about our away support.

Last edited:
Just watch it back,pep talks about th fans first,spoon fed them

He does it at all the time, Karen. Sly digs, geeing up of the crowd when the team aren't playing well. It's all a bit weird especially as Barcelona isn't exactly a cauldron of noise.

Our ground is no worse than the other 19 Premier League grounds. Over-sanitised shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.