"Disappointing" attendances

To be fair Karen whether he was spoon fed or not , the club should instruct him to refrain from making comments about our attendances , he might be a god but he's also an employee and he is also an intelligent guy , surely he has witnessed the crap our fan base has endured , he should be speaking positively about the third highest attendance of the round ,not worrying about our numbers for Wednesday night against the Rags. He wouldnt do it to Barca or Bayern fans and we deserve the same respect.
I think he misses a trick on this one - if he provided a response along the lines of;

'we as a club have obviously got it wrong as I / the team would like to have a capacity crowd each and every time we run out onto the pitch so we need to do better (as Pep often look like's to say)'

Whether it's for show or not, it's a better answer.

As others have pointed out our attendances have never been bigger at a point in time when football has never been more expensive - we as a club do not have the right balance on this one which will need to the club to engage with the fanbase instead of those sh1te surveys where everyone answers 'cheapest' to every single question and we get an increase on season ticket prices........

If his remit is to make money then pissing off your core supporter base isn’t the way to do it.

Matchday sales and revenue will still be the biggest earner.

It does feel like we are bottom of the list sometimes and that makes little sense to me. The supporters are the top and bottom of any football club.

Matchday revenue was £56.6m last year which was 11% of overall income. Broadcasting income and sponsorships are now much more important.

Its an odd one, I cant remember ever getting pissed over what a City manager has said in the past. I dont care that Pep has won us shed loads of silver, we are a proud manc fan base. Some of us mancs travel hundreds of miles back home to watch home matches and a huge cost to our families both in money and time away from our families.
For some reason this has really boiled my piss, 3 times this month I will have done my 600 mile round trip 3 times and all our manager can do is moan when us fans say , I am broke cant afford another game. And yes Pep all this is done on my small wage packet before xmas......
I am really not happy about this and if City do read this site someone should make Pep read this thread. I dont care if City were shit again just want the manager to be on our side .....not to much to ask.
Seems Pep is now on side with the press/media to knock us fans :(

Oh yea plus buying our RM tickets

Last edited:
What’s with the red hoodie, was he told to wear it , is it advertising ?
With what he was saying he looked very much like Fred the red propping up the bar down the local .

No chance. The biggest crowd I was ever in at Maine Road was 63500 in 1971 vs the rags and I was stood up in the newly opened North Stand. So 2 stands out of 4 were standing, only the Main Stand and Platter Lane were seated.
When the North Stand became all seats in 1972 the capacity was reduced to 52500.
And it stayed at that capacity for about 20 years.
That '71 game was my first. Blue and rags all mixed together in the Kippax. It was scary and exciting at the same time.

Pep needs to call the ticket office and see how difficult it is to get seats, especially if you want more than 2 together, even for yesterday. Then turn up and see if he can get in, of out 3 yesterday we had two on our cards and only one card worked, a printed ticket that didn't work, luckily had a print at home ticket for that one which I opened on my phone and the QR code let us in. Sodding useless The ticket office is almost as bad as the media team who let the club get walked all over

These attendances at cup games are also caused by the media hyping up the CL and the top 4 spots plus other teams wanting to stay in the premier league.

People expect to see weakened teams so think balls to it.

Also the constant slagging off of the cups in the past has caused this but now the BBC, because it is really the only live football they really have need it to succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.