Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, this is potentially a great test for how we deal with the latter stages of the champs league. If they get the first goal they’re right back in it and the pressure mounts. We don’t need to go into this game to win, it only requires us to keep it tight, keep possession, bide our time and wear them down. it’s going to require a different mentality to our usual “we’ll just impose ourselves on you because we’re better” approach. if we’re going to go far in the champions league we’ll need performances like that against far better opponents, so united will prove a useful exercise in game management

Well maybe Pep will pick Fern but Stones is better at every aspect of defending. The only thing missing from his game is continuity due to injury. Stones and Laporte is City's no. 1 defensive partnership I think when both players are fit which they are not at the moment.
No way is this version of john beter than dinho,until he stops backing off he never will be
Eric sr and jnr please

Well maybe Pep will pick Fern but Stones is better at every aspect of defending. The only thing missing from his game is continuity due to injury. Stones and Laporte is City's no. 1 defensive partnership I think when both players are fit which they are not at the moment.

Totally disagree, Stones is a liability!! Laporte/Dinho all day long!!

If they die, they die.

fe529-dl04.jpg

The starting eleven picks itself, the only doubt being if Pep can trust Raheem to put in a full shift or bring him on when the Rags have tired legs.

The starting eleven picks itself, the only doubt being if Pep can trust Raheem to put in a full shift or bring him on when the Rags have tired legs.
Sterling puts a shift in. He's not on form at the moment though
Totally disagree, Stones is a liability!! Laporte/Dinho all day long!!
I prefer Stones long term. He's another player struggling with his form but I think that's because he's in and out of the side.

I want to see Laporte and Stones back in the side before too long. It might take some time to restore them together. Not sure if Laporte will be ready for a derby.

Is laporte injured? Only someone said on match thread yesterday he was injured and out for between 4-6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.