"Disappointing" attendances

My concern is we have the money that can buy the absolute best of talent for any role, yet we have a massive disconnect at present between those we trust to run the club.

I think there is a disconnect between the “vision” Soriano has for the CFG and what’s right for City. I think as far as City is concerned, certainly at a corporate level, it looks as though complacency is setting in.

I think some at the top think we’ve made it and we’re at the top tier. Except we’re not really, people outside City see us as gatecrashers to the top table. We might be there now but the G14 type clubs will do everything to throw us out.

Everything we do should be to make football accept us as part of the elite, not as £100 match tickets elite, but one of the biggest and best clubs in the world.

We have to permanently change the way journalists treat us, the way other supporters see us, the way players see us, even the way our own supporters see us. We need to be the very best at our own PR, which we most certainly aren’t. One thing the club has to do is to ensure that our support stays with and feels connected to the club.

The club should be working on maximising attendance for league and FA cup, probably through cheaper tickets. They should be working with local transport, the council, whoever, making it easier to get home so more people would be tempted to say the full 90. They should do everything to keep the support that kept the club going through thin and thinner feeling part of the club.

VK wrote is his thesis on ticketing prices, maybe the club should listen to him.

The atmosphere has been poor at every Premier League ground I have attended in recent years with very few exceptions. This issue is not unique to City. I think it's a generational thing with too many fans looking at their phones etc etc. A lot of people seem to have low attention spans. The other big reason is kick-off times. The 12.30pm games are hopeless (as was yesterday's Sunday 1pm) I don't think we should beat ourselves up about this.

No other fans have witnessed what City fans have since Pep came. Best players in the world, record breakers and serial trophy winners. No other set of fans have seen this in the last three years. It is absolutely bonkers that we can count on one hand atmospheres deserving of our wonderful team and manager.

We’re getting pelters for this today by the media. Why where the rags not getting torn to shreds after their bad attendances against us and Burnley?

Really ? A couple of dozen middle aged miseries, me included, whining away on an obscure forum won’t cause any ripples at all at City. They don’t give a fuck about us. Pep, Soriano, Txiki eat al think they’re bigger than the club, they think they’re doing us a favour by gracing us with their presence.

I think there are many thousands who are perplexed by his comments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.