United Home League Cup Tickets

The only game with a disappointing attendance has been this game against Fulham. I agree it's the number of games. The match-price was reduced. You could always go further but we're at the point where it's not the ticket price but travel costs that's an issue. There's too much football. We're at saturation and I agree with Pep that the League Cup should be scrapped. I'll go to the games but when there's so much football fans will inevitably start to pick and choose especially when a lot of clubs play weakened teams.
Think the fact it was on BBC also had an effect.

Think the fact it was on BBC also had an effect.

Are you saying that because it's on TV some fans who have bought seats may not show up? e.g. Cup Scheme sales? That's possible. BBC TV is definitely going to affect the crowd. Man City is not like Man Utd where their fans are forced the buy seats. Their FA Cup home replay game against Wolves the other night was a rip off. Charge their fans full price knowing full well they will get the money.

Are you saying that because it's on TV some fans who have bought seats may not show up? e.g. Cup Scheme sales? That's possible. BBC TV is definitely going to affect the crowd. Man City is not like Man Utd where their fans are forced the buy seats. Their FA Cup home replay game against Wolves the other night was a rip off. Charge their fans full price knowing full well they will get the money.

both me and my dad had seats as part of the cup scheme. We only realised on the Friday that they’d relocated us from tier 3 down to row D of tier one. We hate the front so we both agreed to watch is on telly with the family and have a Sunday dinner. His bloke who sits with us did the same.

A lot sold today. 3730 left online now and they have added extra seats during the day (which means that what's on the plan doesn't necessarily mean that's what's left so that's a minimum figure that's left).

I think JRB is referring to the the number of empty spaces in the Family Stand against Fulham. City had greyed it out on the online plan in the last few days of sale so that only EL3 was available and some seats on the first tier of the main stands and yet come match day there were quite a few empty seats in the family stand.

I think this is down to the way they sell seats online. when a block goes to singles they often take if offline as they take a lot longer to sell than sets together.

I think City should have a word with GMPTE about Northern Rail. I came in on the Sheffield line that morning and there was only 1 train per hour. It was a stopping service and there were loads of City fans who just couldn't get on the carriages as they were packed (combination of reduced service, Chinese NY and the football I think). I doubt that those blues would have been made it to the ground. They probably went home and watched it on TV.

I wouldn't say 1000 odd is a lot. Seems Pep's message may have backfired. However, i think this will sell out irrespective. Derby rivalry goes a back a lot further than johnny come lately's like Pep.

I wouldn't say 1000 odd is a lot. Seems Pep's message may have backfired. However, i think this will sell out irrespective. Derby rivalry goes a back a lot further than johnny come lately's like Pep.
It's hard to say whether Pep's comments and the resulting publicity has any effect. I would expect it would have some positive effect and give people a little push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.