#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s difficult to understand how he can go from being genuinely world class on a consistent basis to being unable to kick a ball almost overnight. His loss of form is as bad as I’ve ever seen from any player. He can’t control the ball, doesn’t make as many forward runs, dribbles straight into players, passes are wayward. It’s astonishing to be honest. I feel for him. There’s no sign of him getting out of this rut any time soon.

Pep needs to rest him properly otherwise he'll be shit until the season ends. Looked utter shit yesterday when he came on. No ideas and couldn't beat his man once. Love him, but please get him out the team for a while.

Just looks like a mental problem every time he gets the ball. Second guesses himself, telegraphs what he's doing to the defender, switches off and gets the ball caught under his feet, overthinks simple finishes and so on.

I don't think it's a case of physical fatigue, I just think his head's not where it was the last two seasons. He's at his best working on instinct and his instincts have abandoned him the last couple of months.

Just looks like a mental problem every time he gets the ball. Second guesses himself, telegraphs what he's doing to the defender, switches off and gets the ball caught under his feet, overthinks simple finishes and so on.

I don't think it's a case of physical fatigue, I just think his head's not where it was the last two seasons. He's at his best working on instinct and his instincts have abandoned him the last couple of months.
A bit of both, he has played a ton of football so physically will be a bit drained. I agree about the instincts though, I think Pep/Arteta have been coaching him to be very precise and calculated and he has lost a bit of the natural flair and ability he had. He doesn't run at players anymore, doesnt use any tricks. He has turned into a stone cold 20+ a season goal scorer. He doesn't look to be enjoying himself out there.

His form over the last couple of months has been abject , and certainly is not worthy of a place in the starting line-up , his confidence has disappeared completely when a player like Wansakka has you in his back pocket for a couple of games , it cant get much worse . We have a couple of weeks before the Madrid game and Sterling playing on top form was one of the reasons why i was confident of beating them , but the Sterling we have at the moment is not going to trouble any team never mind Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.