Holocaust Memorial Day

The president of the World Jewish Congress (who was at Auschwitz today ) gave a million to a pressure group producing anti Islam ads in recent years.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/lauder-gave-1-1m-to-group-producing-anti-muslim-ads-in-2016/

And you've had Putin and Netanyahu politicising the Holocaust at Yad Vashem last week in order to score points against Poland and Iran respectively.

They are all playing their little psychological games with us and think we are too fuckin dumb to see it.

This thread obviously should be about the victims. Seems the political scum haven't learned that it's not about them. It is them who partly are causing the rise in extremism and they think they can whip up hate and manipulate the public and then make sure it doesn't end in mass murder. A very dangerous game to play.

I visited auschwitz and it doesn't help to preserve the memory at all. Full of dickheads draped in Israel flags chanting and bouncing like footy fans and American girls pouting for photos infront of the firing squad wall. Stick to documentarys to learn the true horrors of the place

I was there last week and it was nothing like that.

I am in the minority but I am going to say it anyway. Why are we having a memorial day for something that happened 75 years ago and yet the world is allowing, today as we sit here, genocide in Myanmar. What is the point of remembering something if we are not bothered about current atrocities. I know Myanmar has just been brought before the International Criminal Court in the Hague and they have told them to stop killing people. They have also been told to save all the evidence of the fact that they have already killed millions but it doesn't seem to be working, mainly because apart from one small African country, not one politician gives a shit.

I am not aligning myself to HJM1962 by the way, I am trying to highlight inaction by shit house self serving politicians who want to pretend they care.

I find it hard to watch stuff about the holocaust, it's just too fucking awful for words. I first learned about it in school and some of the images have haunted me ever since. I dodge films and tv shows about it, because I find it too upsetting a subject and I can't quite grasp what would drive someone to do such a thing to another living thing, let alone a human being.
David Irving is a ****.
I know what you mean. I watched Schindler's List many years ago and was thoroughly depressed for days afterwards. A brilliant film but I don't think I could watch it again. I recommend people watch it but not if already feeling down before hand.

Fact is it has been ignored all too soon - Pol Pot - the Balkans - Saddam Hussein - various African conflicts to name but a few instances......there are always cunts prepared to blame a minority and cajole twats into believing they are right and hey presto genocide or something like it. Guantanamo had the look of a Concentration Camp but like everything its all in the way you market your oppression to the world that defines how much of a monster you are.
Even the British army set up concentration camps in Kenya in the 1950s.

watched auschwitz untold-in colour on C4 last night. to think that they set up a law to protect german blood and family is beyond comprehension.

Let’s not forget the Slavs, Gypsies, physically disabled, mentally ill and homosexuals who are very often forgotten about when it comes to the holocaust.

Slavic peoples - mostly Poles, Belorussians, Russians and Serbs - numbered double figure millions in civilian deaths in crimes against humanity in WW2 because of their ethnicity.

For me that was out and out holocaust denial

Shifting the debate by using other atrocities or inhumane acts is a cunts trick as well.

Is it not possible to discuss the horror of the Holocaust and the millions of innocent victims without saying “yeah but the Israeli government in Palestine”?

Anyway, I was listening to Radio X and they had Johnny Vaughan on, he was discussing a book written by a Jewish man who was present, I can’t for the life of me remember what it was called but the main takeaway he said, was “don’t try and understand the Holocaust, it’s better to keep yourself as far away from the Nazis as you can”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.