Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people still haven’t got over Mancini. He was a slightly above average manager who wore a blue scarf and said fuck off to Fergie. Pep has won back to back titles and numerous other trophies and will likely continue to do so this season. He can say our fans our shite for all I care, he brings the trophies home, that’s what matters.

I'm not anti pep,i don't think he would be here without his friends running the place though,passionate but somewhat cold at the same time

I couldn’t care less about him being cold if he doesn’t take swipes at working class fans.

Being cold is fine if you shut your gob on topics like that. If he never mentioned City fans again, not even thanking us for anything, but didn’t criticise either and continued to win things, I’d be totally happy.

I'm a bit like this now. Before he came i read all the books and took a keen interest in his time at Bayern. I imagined his press conferences would be all about tactics and the intricacies of the game but when he arrived i watched a couple of them and there didn't seem to be any connection at all. I'm now resigned to the fact that he's not everyone's cup of tea and sees himself as the brand. Just keep criticising the fans under wraps and get on with managing the team. I'd give him 99% on the pitch and 50% off it - so about 75% overall. An A but not an A+

He didn’t mention history though, he just asked for a full house on weds and a great atmosphere. I for one hope he gets what he asks for.
That was always going to happen on wed,it's not really big games he needs to ask that for,it just seemed a bit uneccessary to answer a question about the squad with a pop at the fans,not for the first time

Don’t think anyone is doubting Pep’s ability as a football manager. He’s had a dig at our fans and proven that he’s a bit out of touch. As are the club.

City fans are as loyal (and skint!)as they come. Lack of success didn't change that, and the last 10 years of success isn’t going to gain us the demand to sell out a late January Sunday FA cup match against Fulham. Not yet anyway.

Except this is of his own making this time

Or perhaps an overreaction to what was actually said when faced with a question that no other manager is faced with.

If Pep thought so little of us, I doubt he would have extended his stay. And possibly could do again.

That was always going to happen on wed,it's not really big games he needs to ask that for,it just seemed a bit uneccessary to answer a question about the squad with a pop at the fans,not for the first time
Well considering it’s not even sold out yet, he might have a point. I don’t think he was really having a big pop at the fans, I think he’s just said what a lot of us are looking for. A full house on weds and a cracking atmosphere are an absolute must.

Or perhaps an overreaction to what was actually said when faced with a question that no other manager is faced with.

If Pep thought so little of us, I doubt he would have extended his stay. And possibly could do again.
He wasn't asked about the crowd,he was asked about whether he is happy with the condition of the squad

Well considering it’s not even sold out yet, he might have a point. I don’t think he was really having a big pop at the fans, I think he’s just said what a lot of us are looking for. A full house on weds and a cracking atmosphere are an absolute must.

The first leg wasn’t sold out either. Anyone questioning the Rags support? Was Ole asked about it? Was anyone bothered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.