COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like the real deal this virus, no cases in India yet if it gets there then wow.

Poor people in quarantine must be so scared.

I'm due to be travelling to China in March and April for work, to Hangzhou and Ningbo first trip and then to Hong Kong and Guangzhou for Trade Fairs the second.

Similar here,i'm supposed to be going to the Canton fair followed by 5 days in our HK office.
However already decided I wont be going and will see what happens and may go the fair in October.

Similar here,i'm supposed to be going to the Canton fair followed by 5 days in our HK office.
However already decided I wont be going and will see what happens and may go the fair in October.

Same with us mate, our boss has told us to forget it this April this morning.

Most of the retailers I deal with, if not all, won't be going so not as if I'll be missing any oportunities.

Reports from my friends who fly to China are that there are no more face masks to be had in many places and with transmission occurring before symptoms present, it will be very difficult to avoid.

in essence, you can be carrying the virus and walk through the medical screens set up at airports, and THEN be symptomatic, even though you were contagious on the plane AND walking through the supposed medical screen.

United Airlines has seen 90% booked full aircraft going out 90% EMPTY and is cancelling flights to the region right, left and centre! As the largest US airline to China, it’s going to sting a bit on the financial statements!

cases are confirmed in the States, but the news about it is still playing 3rd fiddle, behind Trump & Kobe! I can only hope Trump catches it and it becomes story #1. Two birds, one stone!

The problem exacerbation things in the US is that we are in the middle of Flu season, and the vaccine this year is not the optimal formulation for the variant affecting people. Therefore, we are expecting to have a bad flu season anyway, but now half those people will think they have coronavirus and esp the local news stations will be running with flu season stories incessantly.

Hopefully, China’s quarantines will suppress the spread of transmission and treatments can be found before death totals begin to mount.

Good luck to us all!

Reports from my friends who fly to China are that there are no more face masks to be had in many places and with transmission occurring before symptoms present, it will be very difficult to avoid.

in essence, you can be carrying the virus and walk through the medical screens set up at airports, and THEN be symptomatic, even though you were contagious on the plane AND walking through the supposed medical screen.

United Airlines has seen 90% booked full aircraft going out 90% EMPTY and is cancelling flights to the region right, left and centre! As the largest US airline to China, it’s going to sting a bit on the financial statements!

cases are confirmed in the States, but the news about it is still playing 3rd fiddle, behind Trump & Kobe! I can only hope Trump catches it and it becomes story #1. Two birds, one stone!

The problem exacerbation things in the US is that we are in the middle of Flu season, and the vaccine this year is not the optimal formulation for the variant affecting people. Therefore, we are expecting to have a bad flu season anyway, but now half those people will think they have coronavirus and esp the local news stations will be running with flu season stories incessantly.

Hopefully, China’s quarantines will suppress the spread of transmission and treatments can be found before death totals begin to mount.

Good luck to us all!
That ain't worrying

Starting to get a tad concerned, as I'm due to fly with China Southern Airlines to Manila via Guangzhou a week on Sunday.
On the return leg at the end of February I'm staying overnight in Guangzhou due to a flight cancellation.

With the government changing the travel advice, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on developments.
One upside could be that the plane might be almost empty....assuming it still departs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.