Madrid away

Would appreciate a foolproof way of getting in for this one. Either buying a ticket at the ground ( on the day ) or via the Madrid site after the 7th. Would prefer not to be turned away after queueing for maybe 2 hours, or being turned away from the turnstiles if they know we are English. Have seen a thread on another site where you can get ticket on your phone but dont know details. Thanks boys n girls.

Would appreciate a foolproof way of getting in for this one. Either buying a ticket at the ground ( on the day ) or via the Madrid site after the 7th. Would prefer not to be turned away after queueing for maybe 2 hours, or being turned away from the turnstiles if they know we are English. Have seen a thread on another site where you can get ticket on your phone but dont know details. Thanks boys n girls.

In the past trying to buy a ticket off the website is a no no because as soon as you out in your UK address it bumps you off. I assume in the IOW you will be the same but give it a try. Do you have any mates, business contacts that live abroad ?
The other way you suggest can work, they have booths on the main street that sell tickets, again they wont usually sell to an English guy, one way is to buy a beer in a bar next to one, talk to the barman and ask him to buy you one.

Oh and will you be visiting the Costume Museum ? most of us are meeting round 2pm to get cheap multiple 'family' tickets.

Sometimes hotel staff will sort you a ticket if you give them a tip. Last time someone with us got one that way and it was printed off from the Internet. At the turnstiles pretend you are a German or French tourist. Madrid and Barca CL games are just full of tourists. The more expensive the ticket you buy the less hassle you will get. At Barca for one match I bought one off one of those city-centre kiosks and no one asked me for any ID. I believe there are similar ones in Madrid.

Apparently there is an archaeological museum in Madrid,...…………………………… I'll do some digging to see what I can find out about it.

What ?

In the past trying to buy a ticket off the website is a no no because as soon as you out in your UK address it bumps you off. I assume in the IOW you will be the same but give it a try. Do you have any mates, business contacts that live abroad ?
The other way you suggest can work, they have booths on the main street that sell tickets, again they wont usually sell to an English guy, one way is to buy a beer in a bar next to one, talk to the barman and ask him to buy you one.

Oh and will you be visiting the Costume Museum ? most of us are meeting round 2pm to get cheap multiple 'family' tickets.

Costume museum? You being serious..? No tickets trip booked so be out there looking for tickets

Costume museum? You being serious..? No tickets trip booked so be out there looking for tickets

Frank, how can you doubt me ? Have you not read my very interesting posts about the Tractor and Farming Implements Museum in Kharkiev, or the Museum of Broken Relationships in wherever the last match was. We always go to some where interesting. Why sit in a bar drinking beer when you can immerse yourself in local culture. I am still doing research on the Archaeological Museum in Madrid but as yet no one has replied to my previous post.

Frank, how can you doubt me ? Have you not read my very interesting posts about the Tractor and Farming Implements Museum in Kharkiev, or the Museum of Broken Relationships in wherever the last match was. We always go to some where interesting. Why sit in a bar drinking beer when you can immerse yourself in local culture. I am still doing research on the Archaeological Museum in Madrid but as yet no one has replied to my previous post.
Give me a bar full of Blues anyday....
I can visit sights with Mrs Death, away days are for football, drinking and pushing people in fountains ....!

Cheers Mr Mist. The Costume musuem sounds like a further addition to my matchday experience, and will be well up for it. Blue Till Death's idea of drinking alcohol, is not one i wish to be associated with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.