Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
GARY JAMES SHOULD BE EMPLOYED FULL TIME BY THE CLUB AND ROLL OUT HIS FACTS ON A WEEKLY BASIS TO THIS CONSTANT BULLSHIT WE ARE FACING. HE SHOULD SPEND TEN MINUTES A WEEK WITH PEP AND EDUCATE HIM. YES AND I KNOW THIS IN CAPS LOCK - ONLY REALISED WHEN I HAD DONE - sorry.
He should be employed as the clubs official historian full stop,why the eck this hasn't happened years ago god only knows
His record stands for itself,i turn away from all that city square stuff and half time stuff,but some like it etc,not for me,but ffs,they can be employed but not Gary?
Come on city,do the right thing

Pep put water on the fire at his press conference. I am happy with that. Move on.

I don’t think he did at all. I love Pep but he’s totally misunderstood this. He’s come out said he needs to make sure the team are putting in performances that make us proud enough to go to the games. I couldn’t be any prouder of our team than I already am. It’s not about that at all. It’s about the money required to go and the huge congestion of fixtures and the impact they have on other responsibilities and commitments in our lives.

At least the away fans will have something to sing alongside WWYWYWS. “Looking forward” now to Guardiolas right, your fans are shite, every week

I think MCFC do have a lot of dedicated staff who are committed and work hard. Many of these truly understand the club and it’s fans BUT I’m not entirely convinced everyone at the club recognises what makes MCFC special or our history. The narrative of failed 3rd tier club that was bought and found success - and is therefore being turned into a giant - totally downplays our history, heritage and individuality and helps those who want to ridicule us.

We need to boast of our history and achievements. We have so many records and stories to tell. Prior to 1998 MCFC had played more top flight games than MUFC (for example) - on its own it’s a so-what but used properly it is part of that story that says we WERE a major club that hit bad times in 80s and late 90s BUT that’s only a small part of our 125+ year story. Failure happens to all clubs at some point but genuine trophy success happens to a few - ours started in 1904 BEFORE most of our present day rivals. In the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s we created records and successes that many of those rivals have still not matched; the 49s/50s saw Trautmann - what a forgiving and wonderful set of fans achieved has to be remembered; in 1960s/70s we eclipsed most of our current rivals and also won a major UEFA trophy BEFORE LFC and Pep’s beloved Barca, yet we have ‘no European history’ until now (tell Book, Corrigan and Lee that!). I could go on but the point is it is time we boasted of our achievements. 39,000 is greater than the average attendance MUFC had for at least 55 seasons - again it means little on its own but wouldn’t it be great if stats and evidence were used when Pep’s asked a question.

We have so much we could boast about - genuine success and achievements over more than a century - yet the narrative is that we are a 3rd tier club who got lucky with plastic fans. We must stop this.
The history of our club and its achievements are as valid as any other club in world football. The work you do in codifying and maintaining that history is invaluable. To the brief overview you have posted here I'd just like to add one more thing.. 1937, Berlin Olympic Stadium - City's players, recently crowned English champions, refused to comply with the expected Nazi salute prior to playing the friendly game against a German select XI. During the past number of years since Sheik Mansour took us over, whenever I've heard or read fans of other clubs lobbing their lazy cliché at us that we are a club with 'No history' or 'No class', I think about what our players did that day in Berlin. That took some guts. It also demonstrated their class. Pity the craven FA caved in to the Nazis a year later when England played an international in the same stadium against the Germans, ordering the players to complete the Nazi salute..

Last edited:
I don’t think he did at all. I love Pep but he’s totally misunderstood this. He’s come out said he needs to make sure the team are putting in performances that make us proud enough to go to the games. I couldn’t be any prouder of our team than I already am. It’s not about that at all. It’s about the money required to go and the huge congestion of fixtures and the impact they have on other responsibilities and commitments in our lives.
spot on. I genuinely think he is still misunderstanding. He cant say he understands the financial pressure fans are under and then with his next breath say the team will seduce us into attending and he wants the Etihad full for every game!
Fwiw, I think he is frustrated with us as a fanbase and chose the wrong target at the weekend. I think he sees what we see and often talk about on here. there are a number of times per season when the Etihad atmosphere is amazing. For the rest of the time its quiet and lacks atmosphere. Add on top of that the way the ground starts to empty before the final whistle goes and he, like many on here has a problem with that. He has raised it before. At the end of the day he wants every single aspect that makes the team perform better to be perfect and calls out anything which detracts from that. Lets hope he is making the same noises to the exec as its is they that could ensure the Etihad was at least more full by reducing ticket prices where necessary. He said that the time that he cant attract the fans to come and watch he will quit. There was just a little of a veiled threat in the way he said it. I really don't know what the answers are to giving him what he wants - a full Etihad full of noisy supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.