United Home League Cup Tickets

It's odd that Block 306 is showing as sold out but the equivalent Block 304 still has 10 rows with hardly a seat sold
The numbers have fallen away in Level One and Level Two but they haven't fallen in Level Three. Some of those blocks have hardly shifted a seat in a week so that makes me wonder whether the apparent late surge is real. They've certainly fallen away online but that doesn't mean they have been sold.

If the Level 3 seats get sold this evening then I'll believe that the Level 1 and 2 sales were real.

I think the crowd will be high enough to keep the media quiet though. It will be above 45k, and possibly approaching 50k. if the changes in L1 and L2 are sales then it will be higher.

The numbers have fallen away in Level One and Level Two but they haven't fallen in Level Three. Some of those blocks have hardly shifted a seat in a week so that makes me wonder whether the apparent late surge is real. They've certainly fallen away online but that doesn't mean they have been sold.

If the Level 3 seats get sold this evening then I'll believe that the Level 1 and 2 sales were real.

I think the crowd will be high enough to keep the media quiet though. It will be above 45k, and possibly approaching 50k. if the changes in L1 and L2 are sales then it will be higher.

There's not a chance that the bottom tiers are sold out and the top tiers are half full. I know I'm repeating myself but these tickets are not selling at all, presumably because of the criteria. Nobody is buying blocks of 3, 4 or 5 for their families at the last minute, as they would for other games because season ticket holders can only buy one extra and that's likely to be on it's own.

I'd say your estimate is about right: high 40s. We are going to get tons of stick, I'm telling you.

I keep trying to warn you all. You can't use the planner. There are loads of seats left all around the ground and sales are sluggish as hell.

No one can buy them.

I’ve bought 2 extra for a friend at work and he wants another 2 but can’t get them due to 2 being the limit.

I keep trying to warn you all. You can't use the planner. There are loads of seats left all around the ground and sales are sluggish as hell.
You can if you watch it closely. It's obvious when there are sales as they go in 1s and 2s and there's a symmetry around the ground with like for like blocks showing the same numbers.

I too suspect it's not selling and City have just put the blocks that they want to prioritise on sale. if it was selling then L3 would be going down in tandem with L1. Someone would need to explain why L2 and L1 numbers can go down very rapidly but not at all in L3.

It's difficult to interpret as the numbers went down at the time when you expect sales to be at their peak so I am hedging my bets a little.

Last edited:
No one can buy them.

I’ve bought 2 extra for a friend at work and he wants another 2 but can’t get them due to 2 being the limit.
That's exactly what it is. Casual fans can't buy tickets and night match/cup tie regulars already have theirs.

There's not a chance that the bottom tiers are sold out and the top tiers are half full. I know I'm repeating myself but these tickets are not selling at all, presumably because of the criteria. Nobody is buying blocks of 3, 4 or 5 for their families at the last minute, as they would for other games because season ticket holders can only buy one extra and that's likely to be on it's own.

I'd say your estimate is about right: high 40s. We are going to get tons of stick, I'm telling you.
I don't think we will get loads of stick. There's a big difference after all from 39k and 48-50k. Man Utd had 5k empty seats and that was with City in their end.

I guess it depends on the real numbers whatever they turn out to be.

Is the 2 tickets criterion something we've imposed on ourselves or was it agreed with GMP?

If the former it seems odd we haven't relaxed it by now given sluggish sales and Pep's comments about wanting a big crowd.
Too late now. Should have relaxed it really because Utd fans weren't going to infiltrate the City ends when they are going to in all probability have a miserable night.

I am not too bothered if we get 48k ish and we know why it didn't sell i.e. tight sales criteria. What's more important is that we win the game and keep progressing as a football club then all these things take care of themselves.

You can if you watch it closely. It's obvious when there are sales as they go in 1s and 2s and there's a symmetry around the ground with like for like blocks showing the same numbers.

I too suspect it's not selling and City have just put the blocks that they want to prioritise on sale. if it was selling then L3 would be going down in tandem with L1. Someone would need to explain why L2 and L1 numbers can go down very rapidly but not at all in L3.

It's difficult to interpret as the numbers went down at the time when you expect sales to be at their peak.

All I've been doing is looking at my own block. It's barely moved in weeks. That gives you the best indication for the reasons you've given. One thing I do know is that when the ground is getting close to selling out there are, say 1000 single seats which sell last, because obviously people don't want one seat on it's own. These haven't even appeared yet. Some of those lower tier blocks were only half sold yesterday and there's no reason I can think of why they would have done overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.