Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did reach a number of finals - and his record of failure at the final hurdle each time up to last season’s CL was beginning to get him a reputation as a bottler, so often was the pattern repeated. Again - I fail to see the justification for his reputation. He’s good - for sure - but one CL doesn’t make him one of the best managers in the world in my book. Mourinho, Ancelotti and Guardiola all have two - and that’s just taken from the 20 managers currently managing in the same league as him this season.

OK lets see how they go this year, they will win the PL and will likely be in at least the late stages of CL and FA Cup. That's at least 2-3 major trophies he then would have one, I think you are really underrating him.

Liverpool have not been as dominant as they are currently, for at least two decades and a lot of that is down to Klopp.

Pep is fantastic but No one is or should be immune from criticism

he’s got this attendances issue badly wrong but was fans we can help him understand it better

OK lets see how they go this year, they will win the PL and will likely be in at least the late stages of CL and FA Cup. That's at least 2-3 major trophies he then would have one, I think you are really underrating him.

Liverpool have not been as dominant as they are currently, for at least two decades and a lot of that is down to Klopp.

They win one title in 30 years are not through to the late stages of the FA cup and have absolutely no guarantee of progressing to the later stages of the CL. In the same time frame how many trophies will Pep have won? Now I am not saying he's a bad manager that would be ridiculous but I wouldn't label them as dominant based on one title.
How many domestic trophies has Klopp won for Liverpool considering he's been here longer than Pep?

From memory, Sunday and the League Cup game vs Southampton were the only two games where the attendance has been below 45k?

I’ve even had a Rag mate comment that we’ve “sorted the empty seats finally”, after he’s watched us a few times this season.

It’s just odd that Pep has chosen this line.

Pep is a great manager. The best we have ever had.
He isn't paid to be nice to or "get" the fans.
We have had other managers, far worse, who didn't "get" the fans either.
I can only think of two in my lifetime who did a good job *and* "got" the fans. Joe Mercer and Mancini. Although both were good managers and won stuff, neither was in the Pep class. No one is. Pep will be impossible to replace.
i'd include Tony Book in that group

I think Pep would want nothing more than to go on the pitch at the final whistle and applaud the fans at all home matches as per Klopp but he must be dismayed at the virtual empty stadium and heads for the tunnel About the 80th minute I start to squirm in my seat hoping that there isn't an injury stoppage because that signals another exodus. We will reap what we sow.

The press got what they wanted. I thought pep was trying to be smart but these ****s writing the headlines are all devious little shits, they will take the piss out of pep all day every day whilst he's managing us, and all the while patting klopp and the shite Scandinavian on the arse every week.
Why they keep getting away with it baffles me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.