United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel Luckhurst is quite the wordsmith. Apparently, and I quote, "United fans wielding balaclavas arrived at Woodward's home on Tuesday evening"
How the merry f*** do you wield a balaclava?
I am also of the opinion that said "fans" are of the lowest order. No place in society.

Bit harsh. Luckhurst is a dolt, and got all giddy by mistaking a 15 year old keeper for someone coming for a medical, but the balaclava wielding is a photo caption, and that won't be Luckhurst.

Bit harsh. Luckhurst is a dolt, and got all giddy by mistaking a 15 year old keeper for someone coming for a medical, but the balaclava wielding is a photo caption, and that won't be Luckhurst.
Ah, my mistake. Given that it is front and centre of the article and is pretty much the first thing I noticed then I guess it is a metaphor for the declining standards of journalism/proofreading that seems to abound these days.

Ah, my mistake. Given that it is front and centre of the article and is pretty much the first thing I noticed then I guess it is a metaphor for the declining standards of journalism/proofreading that seems to abound these days.

Pretty much every day I see something which makes me wonder what passes for checking. Maybe the intern who wrote the caption doesn't know what a balaclava is!

Look, it's absolutely unacceptable to be coming to someone's family home and threatening them, especially when they've got a wife and kids inside. He's only a human being and he's got a family to protect. I hope there's a quick investigation to identify these louts and punish them.

That being said, the conspiracy theorist in me says that it's also well within the realms of posibility for this to be staged, in order to quell the the unrest against him and the club. It seems a bit odd to me that you've got some guy snapchatting the event tagging it as 'Ed Woodward's gonna die tonight', then fairly meekly throwing a few flares at the house. In hope of what, to accidently burn someone's house down?.

This is a guy who's got a plumb job earning millions of pounds per year - he won't want to give that up too easy. You'd know that any event like this would be almost universally condemned as well, and that club seem to be regularly trying to manipulate public opinion about them.
Was about to post something similar. Thought I was the only deeply cynical and paranoid person on here but clearly not. I was going to suggest they were really Blues and/or Liverpool fans, trying to engender sympathy for Woodward so the Glazers can't sack him. As long as Ed's running the shitshow they'll be crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.