Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing is there's more to come, I think Rodri is fundamental to how the team and squad evolves post Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero. Together with De Bruyne, Laporte, Bernardo, Ederson and Sterling; we have the backbone of the next generation of leaders.

On the pitch the lad is just brilliant, the more you see the more you appreciate what he brings. His composure and ability to receive the ball while maintaining the bigger picture is incredible, very similar to Busquets; not quite as refined or elegant just yet but far more robust and physical. If he had any pace he'd be in competition with De Bruyne as one of the best midfielders in the world.

Before anyone posts about Rodri’s performance against United tonight...

Yes, it wasn’t his best, but he was also put in the position of having to cover practically the entire midfield for most of the match, which was always going to be very difficult. In that way I think he put in an incredible shift.

Yes, it wasn’t his best, but he was also put in the position of having to cover practically the entire midfield for most of the match, which was always going to be very difficult. In that way I think he put in an incredible shift.
I though he was excellent. He covered so much ground. Tonight was one of those games where our finishing was not good enough and we were not ruthless. The squad needs just a refresher but Rodri, Kev & Bernardo are a shoe in for the next few seasons. On another note it was sad to see Dave not going into challenges and also standing still when we had the ball. I think his mind is overseas and to not tarnish his legacy would rather him sail off now if this kind of cameo is what we can expect. A true legend but he's not wishing to get injured for his move to MLS.

He was really poor and that's been kind to him. Gundogan put in a far better shift.

He was really poor and that's been kind to him. Gundogan put in a far better shift.
I think we very much disagree, and I have already laid out my reasoning, so I am not sure there is any reason to discuss. You have a tendency to be very negative toward our players, so are always going to judge more harshly, as well.

I think we very much disagree, and I have already laid out my reasoning, so I am not sure there is any reason to discuss. You have a tendency to be very negative toward our players, so are always going to judge more harshly, as well.
Ill call a spade a spade, he didnt play well tonight. That's fair enough but his lack of effort was alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.