"Disappointing" attendances

Every Premier league club suffers from empty seats and poor atmosphere and that includes Klanfield , opposing supporters regularly sing "can we sing a song for you" at their shit hole of a ground , because football is now entertainment and a match day experience catering for the tourist trade. Why the media and opposing fans take the piss out of our support is pure outright jealousy , we've mopped up seven of the last eight domestic titles (and the ninth is on its way:)and pissed over every team in the Premier league in the process.
Before the investment we were a top ten side averaging 45k , but reading some of the shite about us you would think we were a Championship team without a pot to piss-in , when in fact our average gate after 30 odd trophy-less years was only a couple of thousand behind the Dippers collosal support.
Whilst we are winning trophies and have a world class set-up the jibes will not go away ,FFP,empty seats,human rights etc etc City Bingo is a game everybody can play.

Yes - loads to be proud of in our attendances ... 50k+ is actually a really high league average when you look round Europe, only surpassed by a few clubs.

Yes, it's awkward that we happen to be in the same city as the club with the highest attendances, but that's not our fault. No one compares favourably with Utd's (published) attendances (unfortunately).

But I'm afraid that Pep - fantastic football though he brings us every week - is not great at bigging-up the club. He's said a number of daft things now which have been seized-upon by our detractors. They aren't necessary to say, and they aren't even objectively true.

Please stop, Pep !

He never had a bad word to say about his beloved Barca or their lack of fans.
He now appears to have no problem having a go at us.
What grinds my gears it is not the first time he had done it.

He may be the best manager the world has ever seen but he is clearly lacking any connection with the local working class fans.
It probably comes from those above him, I have had a season ticket basically since 1968 and I have never felt more disconnected from the club as I do now.

At Bramhall lane last week I came across a group of 10 or so Americans several groups of Chinese fans I was left wondering how little the club value fans who have spent time and hard earned money building up points over the years only to find the club would sooner give tickets to once in a lifetime day trippers.
The club are treating the fans like shit and we are being taken for granted it is no wonder the atmosphere is dire.

Pep has really opened a can of worms hasn't he with his latest attendance dig. It doesn't take much for the snipers and empty seat knicker wetter watchers to take the bait and mock. Some ex failed pro called Jamie O' hara the latest **** to say how small we are, no fans etc. In future don't bother mentioning the crowd Pep unless it's to say how good we are.

I have to say that I am finding this whole situation really bizarre. We have sold out our league games and had 50,000+ for CL games in the group stage against weak opposition....the Real Madrid game is already sold out. Even the title of this thread presumably by a City fan mentions attendances which is misleading. It's so weird that after one poor FA Cup attendance all hell breaks loose. It seems that no one bothers to look at the actual figures....it would be good if someone who listens to the rubbish being spouted in the media quoted the actual figures to them. I wonder do they even know that 54,391 is our average home attendance which is higher than last year....most probably not got a clue. It would be fun to see the expression on the faces of these Sky people or whoever discussing attendances if one of them suddenly said...''wait a minute....I've just looked up what their average attendance is....we are talking utter rubbish''. I suppose you just gotta laugh at these idiots!!!.

Ask Jamie O Fuckinghara when was the last team he bought a season ticket, or paid to watch a match? Meany mouthed no brain cunnt

I have to say that I am finding this whole situation really bizarre. We have sold out our league games and had 50,000+ for CL games in the group stage against weak opposition....the Real Madrid game is already sold out. Even the title of this thread presumably by a City fan mentions attendances which is misleading. It's so weird that after one poor FA Cup attendance all hell breaks loose. It seems that no one bothers to look at the actual figures....it would be good if someone who listens to the rubbish being spouted in the media quoted the actual figures to them. I wonder do they even know that 54,391 is our average home attendance which is higher than last year....most probably not got a clue. It would be fun to see the expression on the faces of these Sky people or whoever discussing attendances if one of them suddenly said...''wait a minute....I've just looked up what their average attendance is....we are talking utter rubbish''. I suppose you just gotta laugh at these idiots!!!.
Why do you consider 39,000 to be a poor attendance in the circumstances?

The media this week have all been fuelled by Pep and his comments on Sunday.

Why, when asked about the strength of the squad, did he mention why he didn’t know why the fans didn’t show up and support the team?

I just don’t get it, or him when it comes to this.

I swear he misheard or lost in translation and thought it was stadium not squad.

The media this week have all been fuelled by Pep and his comments on Sunday.

Why, when asked about the strength of the squad, did he mention why he didn’t know why the fans didn’t show up and support the team?

I just don’t get it, or him when it comes to this.
In some matters he is naive and appears not to be very wordly wise.

Or as my mum would say - lacking a bit of common sense.

Peps got this wrong. He should back us more than he backs his players because WE ARE the club
Not him, not the owners, not the players but US the match going, ticket buying supporters.

whilst the club keep nudging season ticket prices up, putting corporate/tourists before the working class fan then the empty seat problem will continue.

Peps got this wrong. He should back us more than he backs his players because WE ARE the club
Not him, not the owners, not the players but US the match going, ticket buying supporters.

whilst the club keep nudging season ticket prices up, putting corporate/tourists before the working class fan then the empty seat problem will continue.
There is no empty seat problem. Just idle chatter.

I get treated well since I gave up my season ticket for a place on the armchair, this discussion we are having is because of what Pep said he's thrown oil onto the fire that the emptihad exists and he probably knew that.
As I said great manager but I will not have what are a bunch of rich people telling me to pay up because they need to feel the love.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.