United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

We lost wembly or not this team shudnt be getting beat at home by them lot.sterling should lose his place to sane when hes fit.ottamendi is garbadge and gundogan is a passenger.cant understand peps line ups sometimes.

I remember an interview with Thierry Henry in which he talked about about how Pep used to say to him, it is my job to get you to the box with the ball. it is your job to finish.

The number of times we found ourselves in front of goal, and just couldnt finish. by that logic, pep did his job. Some of it was damn unlucky. some was fine goalkeeping. but fuck me some of it was just wet farts!

No real reason either, fantastic support, comfort of a lead, playing at home. and at times against 10 men.

Why jesus didn come on earlier for stirling boggles my mind.

Our fanbase can be toxic as fuck.
Watch the game back without the worry of the result and I think you’ll find we weren’t outplayed, we weren’t shite, we didn’t bottle it.
We were all over them but if you don’t score tap ins then you’re always going to be in danger of conceding a freak goal.
As for Madrid beating us, think it’s fair to say we won’t see that team or formation.
Another trip to Wembley to look forward to is all that matters tonight.

Having started at end of thread and seen this post, I don't think I'll bother reading much.

The result was a travesty tonight but the outcome was as it should be and we go again to Wembley.

The Rags got lucky and stole a win because a ball broke kindly for Matic and City wasted some golden chances.

Thought the formation was good and we were excellent in the first twenty minutes. Went very nervy for a while (which is understandable to an extent, but I do think we lack leadership on the pitch in those situations sometimes), but then calmed down and created chances we should have scored.

I get it, results are ultimately all that matters but 9 times out of 10, that performance wins that game. We created a few we should have scored and limited them to very few opportunities.

I’m very concerned about Sterling and I don’t think Cancelo as left back worked. The rest, shit happens.
Some sense at last, totally agree.

We were millimetres away from winning 2-1 there.

They had one shot on goal.

They created zero chances.

They hit us with zero counter attacks.

Sterling missed an open net.

Silva missed an open net.

We had 2 disallowed.

Completely controlled the game.

Job done.

I remember an interview with Thierry Henry in which he talked about about how Pep used to say to him, it is my job to get you to the box with the ball. it is your job to finish.

The number of times we found ourselves in front of goal, and just couldnt finish. by that logic, pep did his job. Some of it was damn unlucky. some was fine goalkeeping. but fuck me some of it was just wet farts!

No real reason either, fantastic support, comfort of a lead, playing at home. and at times against 10 men.

Why jesus didn come on earlier for stirling boggles my mind.

Think he’s going with trying to play Sterling back into form. It’s clearly not working though. I do think he’d have made a change already though if Sane was fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.