United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

I
Some sense at last, totally agree.

We were millimetres away from winning 2-1 there.

They had one shot on goal.

They created zero chances.

They hit us with zero counter attacks.

Sterling missed an open net.

Silva missed an open net.

We had 2 disallowed.

Completely controlled the game.

Job done.
can’t agree, that was a team disjointed and lacking creativity and bravery.

poor selections in certain positions. Arrogant almost.

For me pep has forgotten his basic ethos, humility.

He moaned about the fans and puts a side out that is borderline an experiment.
The Derby means more than just a game. Be it two legs or one. Im thrilled we won the tie overall but pep was taking the piss with that team selection and the performance showed him up.

Do you understand the difference between a result and a performance?
Yes but you’re talking rubbish, if you miss chances how can it be good? If you concede at home to shite how can it be good? If you don’t control the game and start panicking how can it be good.

Think he’s going with trying to play Sterling back into form. It’s clearly not working though. I do think he’d have made a change already though if Sane was fit.

Agree with that.

Would Sterling be playing as badly if sane was fit? like the lad, don't usually jump on his back, but his form and confidence is so low he needs a break.

i feel for jesus. Gets limited chances, makes the most of them, doesn't get rewarded with a chance ar a consistent run. doesn't kick up a fuss either. deserves to play, currently, ahead of sterling.

Why can't people vent on here? Is it a problem for people reading or something, I don't understand.

We went through, but the manner of which is beyond frustrating. I don't know how many games we completely dominate, to then lose by the other team getting one HALF chance. Too many to count.

So I'll woman for a bit (as will others), and its okay, then tomorrow I'll wake up and try to forget it. We are bit spoiled, natural consequence of high standards I suppose.

I mean, there's a difference between constructive criticism of a apparently poor performance (which should be encouraged, as it creates good debate) and going over board and saying how shit everything is and how Pep doesn't care about derbies and how it was one of the worst performances of the season.

Saying you're disappointed by our finishing and it's a concern moving forwards is reasonable. Saying we're doomed and we're going to inevitably lose to Real Madrid is OTT.

You have to appreciate as well, this is an internet forum. All the nuance of emotional debate is taken away by inability to express ourselves with tonality and expression, only words. So logical debate is expected. If you can admit that you're being emotional as opposed to logical, fair enough. But otherwise there are always going to be less emotional people getting confused by illogical and over-emotional reactions.

Leave Gundo alone mate, he was our best player on the pitch tonight, tidying everything in the middle and making necessary interceptions. All games we lost so far this season, even the one against the Dippers, we lost because we couldn't convert clear cut chances. We create, but we don't convert them, that's all. Stop shitting on players, particularly the ones that were not guilty for losing to this terrible Rags side.

Yup, Gundo was our best player tonight.

Do you understand the difference between a result and a performance?
What's your point on this? It's a good result, because we won, but a bad performance.

You can't credit the team for controlling the majority the game, and not berate the performances for ridiculous finishing. The finishing negated the controlling, so in my eyes, it was a bad performance. Scoring goals is part of the performance.

No positives really yes we're through to Wembley but to have those come to out place and win twice in the space of 6 weeks is embarrassing. Even playing 10 men we did nothing, too slow and lethargic and seemed happy to take a 0-1 which in my book is unacceptable.
Why take KDB off? They score it goes to penalties and he's off the pitch!
Anyone who thinks we're off to Istanbul with this team needs commiting
‘Did nothing?’
We was 3-2 up in the tie ?

u need to give ur head a wobble

Strange game.

We completely dominated but couldn't finish our dinners. They had one chance and took it. What the fuck Sterling and Silva were up to in front of goal I'll never know. Really frustrating but we're though to another final!

Sterling needs time off to sort his head out. It's completely gone. Ever since the Gomez incident he's not been the same player
Confidence is shot to pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.