#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much hyperbole at the ground and on here.

Yes, he's in a bad run of form. Horrendous form...

But he was immense the first half of the season and the previous two. And he will be again.

Was his usual self against United/Liverpool going forward again but I thought he worked really hard and stopped their full back, who’s a top player IMO, making a significant contribution.

Not sure what goes through his mind when he plays against Rags or Dippers , he misses absolute sitters all the time , thought his overall performance was better tonight but light years away from 3 months ago , and simply doesnt deserve his place in the team.

Was his usual self against United/Liverpool going forward again but I thought he worked really hard and stopped their full back, who’s a top player IMO, making a significant contribution.

AWB is a good defender and certainly loves a one-on-one battle with an opposition winger but he’s fucking hopeless when he crosses the halfway line, so I don’t think Sterling had anything to stop.

I’m not defending Sterling. I don’t even think you can say his play over the last 3 months has been inconsistency, it’s beyond that at this point.

Either way that doesn’t change the fact that Sane was annoyingly inconsistent before he got hurt. All of a sudden he seems to have become a messiah who performed every week when that simply wasn’t the case.
That’s the nature of wingers. Only the likes of Salah, Mane, Neymar and Messi are consistent week in, week out, but you can’t argue with Sane’s numbers, especially considering how much he gets dropped. He scored important goals against Liverpool, United and Schalke.

And Sterling is class, no doubt about it, but he’s having a shocker. But Bernardo has had a bit of a wobble, Mahrez has only just come into form this season and Sterling has had a bad patch, but Sane seems to have taken the brunt of it in terms of being dropped and labelled ‘inconsistent’.

Sane on the left, Sterling on the right, Bernardo central, we’re better. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.