United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Too slow and Soppy. Still, even so City should have scored 4 but our finishing is dreadful. Sterling alone should have had a hat trick - he is running through a dreadful vein of form at the moment.

Still if you're going to win the tie and lose one of the matches, I can live with it.

Of more concern is the fact we are now a one dimensional attacking side. Wing to wing. No passing the ball down the channels or chipping the ball over the top for a foot race. Very little running at the heart of the opposition defence in the centre as well (except Foden who rarely plays). This allows a well drilled defence to put a full back out wide backed up by a centre half. It needs to change.
We got through against them time and time again with our finishing letting us down. I don't think that is a fundamental problem. Jesus is a bit unlucky not to be starting at the moment. He plays games and scores goals and can play wide. For me he should be starting although I can see why Pep is keen to play Sterling. he'll click soon enough.

It’s like saying u*d won the half today! Totally irrelevant to the actual goal - to get to the final. We were managing that one goal lead towards the
end, and wary of giving them an opportunity to take us on the break, as is their style, along with winning free kicks in dangerous areas. I’m as gutted as everyone not to beat them, and we had our chances galore, but if we take away who the opposition are we’d be chuffed to win a two legged tie like we did tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.