United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

What a criminal miss.
EPfCkWSX0AI3n-b

This goes in and this thread would have 35 pages.
I didn’t quite remember how bad that was from being there until I’ve just seen this.

How the fuck did he go from being in the position to passing to Gundogan?

We are one fucking bizarre football club us!

Indeed! They’re our biggest fucking rivals for fuck’s sake! When they went down “injured”, four times our players went over and stroked the ****s on the back of the head and helped them up.

FUCK OFF!

Even the fans applauded United when they threw the ball back to us after we’d kicked it out at one point. Me and the lads near me went fucking mad at that, what the fuck are we clapping those fucking ****s for? Just for throwing the ball back to us?

FUCK OFF!

The dirty red ****s deserve none of that. Fuck em, leave them on the deck and don’t be fucking clapping them neither!

The world’s gone mad when that’s what our players and fans are doing in a Manchester derby![/QUOTE

A derby is WAR. When you've been jumped by United fans, when you've been spat on by them (literally), when you've been dissed by them for years and years (that banner, that tosser of a whisky nosed manager and his snide remarks), it is WAR, plain and simple
Whatever else the rags take from this season, they'll be saying "Beat City at their place twice this season". Heard people saying it in the pub last night.
We must never accept that losing to the rags is o.k., Wembley or no Wembley.

We are in the LC Final or the third year running but clearly our levels have dropped off a cliff this season.

That was a drab performance against a really poor United side and bringing Stones on to see the game out against a 10 man opposition sums things up nicely.

It seems like a major rebuild is required and I don't see that being completed in one summer window.

I have heard the words 'major rebuild' a number of times recently and I just don't get it at all. We have to replace key players, we knew this was coming and no team is going to replace Kompany, Silva and Aguero without noticing. All the key replacements are there - Garcia/Laporte will be the main partnership next season, Foden is an obvs replacement for Silva and Jesus comes in for Aguero. All will happen over 2 seasons and we will bring in or through players in other key areas.

Last night was frustrating in many ways but it was a derby and there was a final at stake and there was the whole crowd thing that led to an odd atmosphere. United had nothing to lose but still they hardly came at us with any real intent.

So we have one final, good prospects in both other cups and probably second in the league to a team that is on a freakish run that no one predicted.

Unbelievably negative and nasty towards the club, manager, and players in here yet again. If the average comment in here equates to the average match going City fan (which I doubt is true, but maybe it is) then there can’t be a more deluded and spoiled fan base in football.

Yes the season hasn’t gone as well as any of us would have expected, but we just reached a final, and are in the latter stages of the other 2 cups, second in the league, top scorers in the league, and up against a liverpool who have had a perfect storm of good performances, luck, VAR, effectiveness rather than brilliance. In any other season we would be challenging for the title, we are as unlucky to be up against them this season as they were against us last. It happens and it does NOT make us shit. The criticism, and the tone of it, in here is appalling, and seems to relate to more than 50% of the posters. Last night I was as disappointed as anyone, but FFS we weren’t shit, in the same way we were not on top of our game, but they scored from their only shot, we had 2 goals (rightly but closely) disallowed, missed countless chances, and donut boy made 4 excellent saves, it happens, but we still went through to yet another final, so how the fuck does that lead to such malevolence on here? The abuse for Pep and this team, who have given us 198 points, 2 league cups, and a cup and 2 charity shields in the last 2 years is a FUCKING DISGRACE.
I actually was at York away, but I don’t remember it with any fondness, it was a fucking horrible day (after 3 pm anyway) and was symptomatic of how bad we were as a team, and how poorly run we were as a club, when compared to now. I am 60 years old, and I am still living the dream, the great players, the great football, and the trophies. I get really disappointed (I mean really really) when we lose, but it doesn’t cause me to lash out at the manager and the players. We have a moaning cunnt who sits next to our seats, every game he just moans at literally every misplaced pass, every missed opportunity, every counter attack by the opposition, and frankly it’s fucking draining to listen to. It seems he is not a one off and exists in fucking huge numbers of posters in here, dismal beyond belief.

I have heard the words 'major rebuild' a number of times recently and I just don't get it at all. We have to replace key players, we knew this was coming and no team is going to replace Kompany, Silva and Aguero without noticing. All the key replacements are there - Garcia/Laporte will be the main partnership next season, Foden is an obvs replacement for Silva and Jesus comes in for Aguero. All will happen over 2 seasons and we will bring in or through players in other key areas.

Last night was frustrating in many ways but it was a derby and there was a final at stake and there was the whole crowd thing that led to an odd atmosphere. United had nothing to lose but still they hardly came at us with any real intent.

So we have one final, good prospects in both other cups and probably second in the league to a team that is on a freakish run that no one predicted.

There is a lot of wishful thinking in your post in my view.

Garcia, Foden & Jesus won’t be world class next season and maybe none of them ever will be. It would be amazing if that actually happened but it would be like three simultaneous lottery jackpot wins.

Think that City should do something like the betting firms cash out thing.
If you see both gundog and rhodri in the same team you should be able to cash out and fuck off home. Every single crap performance has come with these 2 together on the pitch.
Good players individually but never ever should be played together

How are we nervy on the ball?

We absolutely dominated possession and rarely gave it away as can be seen by the fact they had 2 shots all night.
You weren't at the same game as me. We gave it away a few times, didn't know what to do with it at times in the second half and didn't want to pull the trigger. Our players have massive skills in one touch football,passing etc but last night they were scared at times in front of goal and when we had made an opening that could have been exploited better. The whole ground was nervous last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.