#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no competition and his lack of form is hurting us. If we had a fully fit Sane he would of had a long period of time sitting on the bench. Mahrez is playing well Raz is letting us down time and again. We need to take him out for his benefit. I know Pep is trying to play him into form but it hasnt worked so far.

Cant argue about his work rate Pep should just tell him when in front of goal SHOOT Just have that mindset work on it in training stop overplaying.

Last season, I would say we had 8 (Ederson, Kompany, Laporte, Fern, Bernardo, Sane, Sterling and Aguero) top class players, who delivered more often than not, with the rest of the squad playing their part to drive us to the treble. With the loss of Kompany, Laporte and Sane, our other top players have been more important than ever. Some of them simply haven't delivered and it's is one of the main reasons we sit so far behind Liverpool with a 3rd of a season left. Sterling, has to take some level of responsibility for this, everyone is entitled to a bad game, or a poor run of form but months of it is unacceptable from one of our main men. When we look back and review this season and we talk about what went wrong, Sterlings name should be right at the top of the list and I know that may sound harsh but people were talking about him being one of the best players in the world, how often over their careers have Messi and Ronaldo gone missing for a season? I have pretty much written him off for this season, he needs to bounce back big-time next year.

Sane’s stats don’t mean anything. Sterling has 20 goals in 30 appearances this season, do those stats show inconsistency?

Kind of agree on stats in as far as Sterling’s tap ins were masking how bad he was playing earlier in the season. My point remains that Sane was never playing this badly though. Maybe assists are a better barometer for that position and Sane’s assist rate is superb.

Slightly off is being very kind imo

Benevolence personified. :-)

It's one of those phases which Guardiola clearly thinks he can play through and find form, rather than resting him and hoping that he can recover it. When we look at the two most glaring mistakes last night, they stemmed from him straining to score. At the offside, he had no need to be, as he could see the defender's number and should have positioned himself accordingly. Similarly, when he went on his weaving run, a cooler head would have simply stopped the ball and allowed Mahrez to convert. Piling pressure on him is probably counterproductive; he just needs to relax a little and I'm sure his form will return.

Beyond belief why he is starting at the moment. When Leroy gets fit I think he will be on the bench for a while and rotate with Mahrez. Sterling in my view is better on the right side.

Beyond belief why he is starting at the moment. When Leroy gets fit I think he will be on the bench for a while and rotate with Mahrez. Sterling in my view is better on the right side.

I love Sane but I think we will be very lucky to see much of him in a City shirt again. He is only just back in the fold. If we use Mendys and Laportes return from long-term injury as a barometer, we will do well to get half a dozen games out of Sane before the end of the season. Then, unfortunately, he will likely be off to Bayern.

Said this before palace he shouldn’t be playing.

Don’t know what it is but he’s so ineffective at the moment. Not just about goals etc but he’s just not in the game, not direct anything.

Jesus on left with Aguero up top and mahrez on right for abit

I agree with seb,he was fine up to the fallout from the dippers game,fucking southgate didn't stick up him and the players he though were mates voted to send him home,then he got more shit from the papers,he was good up to that

Tonite was the first time i wanted him hooked and put gabby there instead,playing him is not solving the problem,send him off for a week after spurs

I also wonder how he is without Arteta,they spent a lot of time together,it was him that improved his goal scoring

He was playing badly long before the Gomez incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.