United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole got the tactics as close to right as he could’ve with his limited side. Yes in the end they didn’t win the tie, but to be fair most fans thought it would be a walkover. Losing Rashford for them has been massive as they don’t have many quality players and he is one. You fully deserved to win the tie but small crumbs of comfort for an average United side in major transition.

Sky gave United way too much credit for their win yesterday.

I know they were missing Rashford but their tactics were reminiscent of a lower league side.

Sky gave United way too much credit for their win yesterday.

I know they were missing Rashford but their tactics were reminiscent of a lower league side.
Sky didn't give the referee enough credit for their win yesterday.

Classic game management.

Allowing them to get away with multiple fouls before booking them, blocking our outlet pass, not playing/playing advantage when the situation dictates otherwise, disproportionate application of the LOTG, the first half penalty shout would have been given if it was them in our box.....

Usual sh*te from the PiGMOL.

Ole got the tactics as close to right as he could’ve with his limited side. Yes in the end they didn’t win the tie, but to be fair most fans thought it would be a walkover. Losing Rashford for them has been massive as they don’t have many quality players and he is one. You fully deserved to win the tie but small crumbs of comfort for an average United side in major transition.
Rashord is a massive miss for them but it was almost criminal to sell Lukaku and leave themselves with Rashford, martial, Lingard, James and Greenwood. Only Greenwood is a proper striker and he's too young yet.

They are in transition but have now spent as much as Pep (net) and yet look weaker than they ever have. They are in transition but I don't see progress. I see a club that doesn't know what it's doing. They are not sure about their management, and their fans are losing it.

I've never seen a fanbase that is so thoroughly sickened as Utd's are. City went 35 years without a trophy through some truly bad times but retained a sense of humour and self-deprecation that is still there today. The Utd lot are full of hate and loathing. I feel sorry for the genuine football fans caught up in all that.

7 years and counting is rather a long transition, major or otherwise. A billion spent during this transition too.

Their fans are completely toxic. Singing about death continually. Media leniency / reluctance to criticise their behaviour just leads to events like we saw this week.
When you see fans of teams like Newcastle, Arsenal and especially Sunderland struggle it's hard not to sympathise but Utd make that completely impossible. The Red rabble are now as much a problem for Man Utd as their owners and they are welcome to each other.

Trust Ole will be charged then for his post match comments? According to him the sending off was a joke, and the referee showed bias in not booking us for multiple fouls but booking matic for his first foul.

Maybe the pressure is getting to him, or maybe he is remembering the preferential decisions they used to get when he was a player there, but that's some bad loser talk there!

7 years and counting is rather a long transition, major or otherwise. A billion spent during this transition too.
During their "transition" they've won the FA Cup, League Cup and Thursday Cup. They've also been PL runners up (but with a very large gap to mind) and regularly qualified for Europe.
Supporters of almost every other club would be delighted with that sort of transition period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.