Is Manuka honey worth paying extra for?

It isn't "just honey". I buy organic honey from a beekeeper in Daisy Nook. Wonderful stuff, far better than the bog standard Rowse and the like. The cheap stuff tastes like it has sugar added to me.
You cannot market UK honey as organic because a bee can travel 100 miles for pollen, therefore one cannot be sure it's organic. That's why organic honey comes from places like New Zealand as they can have areas that large that are chemical free.

No evidence means no evidence. Its very hard to prove. Generally for something to be accepted to a scientific standard you have to understand it on a bio chemical level and also demonstrate in a clinical environment. When you develop drugs they start with the chemistry and end up in clinical trial.

With this sort of thing no one can explain how it is supposed to work so there is no point trying to determine if it does actually work. Its a nice idea and people want it to be true. Up to you how you spend your money.

Honey's generally recognised to be an antiseptic, isn't it? That might therefore offer protection against anything a cold/flu brings along with it, but probably not the cold/flu itself.

It is a con job created by the chattering classes.
Honey is honey.
It contains around 40% fructose and 30% glucose, along with some water, pollen and trace minerals, how that is good for you is beyond me.

It never goes off, some has been found in Egyptian tombs and it's still edible but shops put a sell by date on it....

I know a woman who plays £25 a jar for this honey. She told me that her husband has terrible stomach ulcers and it is like a miracle cure. She has tried swapping it for cheaper honey, without telling him, but the discomfort starts almost immediately. She swears by it.

I’ve never had it my life, by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.