Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
F*%k me, we've become the rags! Sometimes you've just gotta hold your hands up and say the opposition were better, that's the case with Liverpool this season. Pep can't put the ball in the back of the net himself and thats been the only thing missing this season compared to previous seasons, watching the replay of last night without the usual shredded nerves and it was obvious, we battered the Rags in a game of 180 mins not just 90, they were like a Stoke of old, stay in the game and hope to get a set piece, it was as one sided that a 1 goal win could be. Peps a fuckin genius and we are fuckin lucky to have him, and as for plan B and C, what will they be "stay in games and hope to get a set piece" or "HOOOOOF", i'll stick with plan A thanks

Peps game plan fuck the defense.

Simply out score all the opposition.

Works 97% of the time.

Over the last 2 seasons we have achieved great success because we have had the best players in the Premier League at their peak.

Now those plays are getting old and moving on.

We should have planned much better if we wanted to stay playing the same way.

We have zero chance of getting past Madrid simply because we can not defend in any capacity.Even if we score 2 goals we are likely to conceded 3.

Hope i am wrong.

Peps refusal to compromise ,and occasionally be pragmatic will stop him from being recognized as a true great manager.

I dont see him ever winning the Champions League again.

Have a bit of belief. We are fine margins away from winning it. Doesn't mean we will win it. Certainly does mean we can.

Many couldn't see him winning anything in England when he first came. Let alone 7 domestic trophies, back to back titles, a game away from three cups in a row (retaining any cup that consistently is a feat in itself, showin the mentality and grit of his squad).

I fully believe we can win the champions league. I hope more start to.

The outcome of a football match is not totally down to the coach and that there are huge number of variables so I don't agree with your conclusions re the Champions League. I also think that City could get beat against Real madrid and still have a good season. The ultimate barometer is the league. City will challenge very strongly for the league next season.

If it was one game I'd agree with you.
It isn't Pep's fault that Aguero missed that penalty in the CL QF first leg, and there are many other examples.
But his performance as a manager in the last 6 seasons' CL campaigns indicate the pattern I suggested; he currently (6 years) isn't cutting it at the highest level.

I also agree with you that League performance is the best barometer of a teams worth.
But I'd point out that it's still January and we are 19 points off the top of the Premier League.
Two season ago there was one outstanding PL team (City), last season there were two (City and Liverpool), this season there is one (Liverpool).
The trend is obvious and worrying.

I get it. You love Pep and have a poster of him on your bedroom wall. I couldn't care less about his feelings or his reputation. I just want City to be the best team in the world.
So who is the better manager we need to get for that to happen in your opinion ?

My expectations have been met fourfold, I'm not alone in thinking that domestic trophies come before UEFA tin pots bud ;)

You're not alone but you are wrong. UEFA Champions League eclipses the domestic league title. I would settle for domestic dominance but unfortunately we are 19 points behind the current leaders and it's not even February yet.

If it was one game I'd agree with you.
It isn't Pep's fault that Aguero missed that penalty in the CL QF first leg, and there are many other examples.
But his performance as a manager in the last 6 seasons' CL campaigns indicate the pattern I suggested; he currently (6 years) isn't cutting it at the highest level.

I also agree with you that League performance is the best barometer of a teams worth.
But I'd point out that it's still January and we are 19 points off the top of the Premier League.
Two season ago there was one outstanding PL team (City), last season there were two (City and Liverpool), this season there is one (Liverpool).
The trend is obvious and worrying.

That’s not a trend. Which club stays at the top every season?

Think Gorton Blue has a point though.

Pep does seem to have developed significant shortcomings when in the CL, stemming from his time at Bayern. We look even weaker this season and without playing Fernandinho in the middle I don't see how we're going to get much further. To me there's a clear failure to adapt and be more pragmatic, rather than stick to ideals.

I know people are stuck in their old ways of solely wanting domestic success, but times have changed and so has our ambition. To kick onto the next level as a club we need to win the Champions League and I can 100% guarantee our owners hold the same view.

Ferguson took about 11 years to win his first CL trophy, I don’t think you’ll find a single Utd fan that would wind back the hands of time to swap that stat for what he achieved leading up to the point... I’m quite happy to wait quite a few more years before pep finds the key to the CL.

if we’re going to go down that road though then we might as well just only look at Ancelotti and Zidane , as I think they are the only managers who have won it more times than pep

Moving to England winning loads of trophies and bringing the best football we have ever seen in the history of football hasn't been enough. He moved to City and since then the media have always found fault no matter how successful he has been, if he'd have stayed at Barca or Bayern he would still have been lauded as godlike by the British press.

OK he's said a few things that have stoked the fire but I forgive him for that.

I have zero issue with anything he has said, to date. That does not mean i agree with it, or support it. Nor have i at any point argued with anyone that that he was right to say what he did. I fully get why it annoys/offends some, and what they take from it. (Ironically, broadly the same people that have so adamantly without a hint of hesitation claimed that absolutely nobody anywhere had any right whatsoever to consider b.silva's tweeted picture offensive). but i personally don't have a problem with it. If anything, i appreciate his honesty, however right or wrong. And i believe he gets us far more than people realize or he publicly lets on.

He has said plenty of brilliant stuff too, that we all applauded.

One of the problems is, it has now become about a stance, rather than a specific arguement or criticism, and we collectively will look for every opportunity to reinforce that stance, spreading it to discussions it has no place in. The curse of social media language/psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.