Alistair Stewart

I really can't get worked up about this, let alone start frothing about a non-existent liberal conspiracy against the privileged white male.

The guy's 67. He's been fronting the news for way too long, while his female contemporaries (Jan Leeming, Moira Stewart etc) got pensioned off years ago and before their time. Let someone else have a go at it. He's made a pile. He'll have one hell of a pension. I can't feel too sorry for him. Plus he'll probably be back on our screens all too soon fronting some mind numbing railway journey or guesting in the real Marigold Hotel.

I really can't get worked up about this, let alone start frothing about a non-existent liberal conspiracy against the privileged white male.

The guy's 67. He's been fronting the news for way too long, while his female contemporaries (Jan Leeming, Moira Stewart etc) got pensioned off years ago and before their time. Let someone else have a go at it. He's made a pile. He'll have one hell of a pension. I can't feel too sorry for him. Plus he'll probably be back on our screens all too soon fronting some mind numbing railway journey or guesting in the real Marigold Hotel.

Don't see the point of conflating channels in order to make a point.

Stewart and Leeming were a part of the BBC set up, so different rules/ contract set up.

That's twitter for you. Why would anyone with a well paid job would want to risk it? knowing that just One mistake (even if said with no malice) and the offended police will come after you with a vengeance.

Shit like this just discourages me from using social media. I had it in mind to do so years ago but have sacked off Facebook last year, rarely use Twitter. What's the point of sharing your opinion if your opinion can land you in hot water? Years ago you could go the pub, get drink have a heated debate and at worst get a fat lip/ fall out with a mate, for all of a day or two.
Nowadays, type something on a touch screen and you lose your livelihood.

Shit like this just discourages me from using social media. I had it in mind to do so years ago but have sacked off Facebook last year, rarely use Twitter. What's the point of sharing your opinion if your opinion can land you in hot water? Years ago you could go the pub, get drink have a heated debate and at worst get a fat lip/ fall out with a mate, for all of a day or two.
Nowadays, type something on a touch screen and you lose your livelihood.
I sacked off Twitter, it’s a fucking joke. I got a ban for calling a female singer a skank ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.