United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the match I thought the ref called over Maguire to warn him over the abuse individual players were giving him but as you say it was to warn him that Matic was close to getting another yellow. When has anyone been warned before, we certainly have never been warned. What a joke.
IIRC our manager, possibly Keegan, was asked to sub a player as he was doing his best to get a second yellow. Pre-season at Doncaster about 15 years ago. I'm guessing the player was Joey Barton.
Or my mind my be playing tricks again.

IIRC our manager, possibly Keegan, was asked to sub a player as he was doing his best to get a second yellow. Pre-season at Doncaster about 15 years ago. I'm guessing the player was Joey Barton.
Was Barton.

He could have been carded for any of them really, I guess the first he gets away with because its the first, and wasn't hideous, but he kept doing them, yet we are the ones that get slaughtered for it, at least we have the sense to rotate it like other teams.

I thought Friend got it about right on the night. He was reluctant to book anyone from either side, and not every foul is a booking (much though Neville can screech about it). The foul he was booked for was from behind and late, and was quite possibly mandatory. As I saw it, the second foul was quite a minor foul in itself, but it stopped a clear break, which escalated it to a booking.

I thought Friend got it about right on the night. He was reluctant to book anyone from either side, and not every foul is a booking (much though Neville can screech about it). The foul he was booked for was from behind and late, and was quite possibly mandatory. As I saw it, the second foul was quite a minor foul in itself, but it stopped a clear break, which escalated it to a booking.
The second booking might have been a "minor" foul, but it was also his fifth foul, he'd already been booked, and then further warned, and maguire had been told, didn't give friend any option.

The second booking might have been a "minor" foul, but it was also his fifth foul, he'd already been booked, and then further warned, and maguire had been told, didn't give friend any option.

Oh, yes, all of them too! I thought he'd have got booked for it regardless of the rest. I agree, it was a pretty clear decision for Friend.

7 years and counting is rather a long transition, major or otherwise. A billion spent during this transition too.

it’s a major bulls up by Utd that after spending that amount of money and still be in transition.

He proper lost his head that match did joey.big time.acted like a raving lunatic...in a pre season friendly....same raw aggression that saw his brother locked up for that awful racially motivated act of violence in some scouse park.what a family.

Also Paul Stewart v rags in that 4 team tournament with PSV & the Brazilian side years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.