Simon Stone and Dan Roan

BBC text...

Man City 0-0 Man Utd

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium

I was a little late arriving at the Etihad Stadium tonight but I was surprised just how many fans were still outside 10 minutes after kick-off.

I would estimate there were at least a couple of thousand rushing about or still queuing to get in.

What with the supporters who routinely leave before the final whistle, I would what percentage of ticket holders actually watch the entire game.
According to Canadian research I read years ago, it takes approximately 37 trillion cells to make up the average human being (plus another 30-50 trillion bacterial cells to keep said human alive and functioning) Imagine the disappointment of being one of those cells that went through everything it has gone through since the 'Big Bang' only to end up as a contributor to the likes of these wastes of space?

Stone, Roan and their like, all of them partial and desperate for click-bait from the tribal masses they aim their guff at, actually sit down and write this sort of stuff in the name of doing a job?

Maybe if Stone had popped over to the BBC news road report site while he was quaffing a glass or three of City's freebie Merlot and munching on the free canapés to revive him after his 'ordeal' in getting to the ground, he might have realised the reason why he was a tad late last night. Many thousands of others (including my brother who was late meeting us at the ground) were even later than Stone, all down to the fact that South Manchester was totally gridlocked due to various incidents on the roads from mid-afternoon onwards, causing total havoc during rush hour.

Journalism used to be a profession to aspire to when I was a kid. Nowadays, it's full of numpties like this who prostitute themselves week in, week out..

Last edited:
According to Canadian research I read years ago, it takes approximately 37 trillion cells to make up the average human being (plus another 30-50 million bacterial cells to keep said human alive and functioning) Imagine the disappointment of being one of those cells that went through everything it has gone through since the 'Big Bang' only to end up as a contributor to the likes of these wastes of space?

Stone, Roan and their like, all of them partial and desperate for click-bait from the tribal masses they aim their guff at, actually sit down and write this sort of stuff in the name of doing a job?

Maybe if Stone had popped over to the BBC news road report site while he was quaffing a glass or three of City's freebie Merlot and munching on the free canapés to revive him after his 'ordeal' in getting to the ground, he might have realised the reason why he was a tad late last night. Many thousands of others (including my brother who was late meeting us at the ground) were even later than Stone, all down to the fact that South Manchester was totally gridlocked due to various incidents on the roads from mid-afternoon onwards, causing total havoc during rush hour.

Journalism used to be a profession to aspire to when I was a kid. Nowadays, it's full of numpties like this who prostitute themselves week in, week out..
Unless you are Paul Merson who is made up of 37 trillion bacterial cells and 30-50 brain cells...!

Aren't you being a bit over-sensitive there?

He has a point. At kick off there were a lot of empty seats in the ground, and many fans do routinely leave games early.
Once upon a time,Football journalists used to comment solely upon the game itself in an even-handed eloquent manner.
Their professional training taught them to steer clear of making snide remarks about a particular teams fans,leaving that to the ordinary man on the street ..banter if you like.why some bbc prick thinks its appropriate to turn up late for his freebie match and aim digs at the club providing his free entertainment, knowing the bbc licence fee helps pay his wages is beyond me.
Surely you can see what is wrong with his decision to highlight what he saw outside the ground,it is of little interest to any neutral fan following the game from around the world.

They’ve been at it for a decade now, shouldn’t surprise anyone. I’d poison their next tray of vol-au-vents
Im fully aware how long they have been at it,and i am not surprised.i think its appropriate to call them out on it every single time they do it.
They are a disgrace.leave snide remarks /banter to the fans...concentrate on the game.

BBC text...

Man City 0-0 Man Utd

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium

I was a little late arriving at the Etihad Stadium tonight but I was surprised just how many fans were still outside 10 minutes after kick-off.

I would estimate there were at least a couple of thousand rushing about or still queuing to get in.

What with the supporters who routinely leave before the final whistle, I would what percentage of ticket holders actually watch the entire game.

Perhaps he can also muse about how many licence payers actually watch any of the repetitive swill provided by the BBC.

Correct, if they abolished the TV licence and went pay-to-view they'd last about a month.

Do you really think they would last that long? maybe if they made a month the minimum term you might be right I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.