COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Even the way China are building hospitals almost overnight seems quite unprecedented to me. Again, I am a perennial worrier, so I don’t want to shit people up but I was sat on the train home from work tonight looking at everyone and just wondering how they seem so oblivious to what is happening. I’m there wondering whether I should be the first to whip out the old face mask haha. I feel like most of this country feels we are safe from anything really bad happening to us, we’re in a bit of a bubble. And I wish I could live that way. If there’s something to overthink, I will overthink it. It’s been amplified further now that I have a 5 month old boy. The whole thing just shits me up I’m not going to lie. I don’t even laugh any more when people joke “well we’ll be dead soon anyway so don’t worry about it”. That’s our society’s approach to it in my experience today! I want to live like that, must be so good for your health. I can’t do it though. My bloody mind does my head in.
Kin hell mate, you need to chill ya beans, your more likely to die in a train crash that's taking you home than this flu :)

Yeah. Even the way China are building hospitals almost overnight seems quite unprecedented to me. Again, I am a perennial worrier, so I don’t want to shit people up but I was sat on the train home from work tonight looking at everyone and just wondering how they seem so oblivious to what is happening. I’m there wondering whether I should be the first to whip out the old face mask haha. I feel like most of this country feels we are safe from anything really bad happening to us, we’re in a bit of a bubble. And I wish I could live that way. If there’s something to overthink, I will overthink it. It’s been amplified further now that I have a 5 month old boy. The whole thing just shits me up I’m not going to lie. I don’t even laugh any more when people joke “well we’ll be dead soon anyway so don’t worry about it”. That’s our society’s approach to it in my experience today! I want to live like that, must be so good for your health. I can’t do it though. My bloody mind does my head in.
I am exactly the same way — the missus says I really should have been a crisis manager or public health analyst for the WHO or PHE with the way my mind works, constantly trying to assess risk and create plans for mitigating it (even when it’s really unnecessary; who needs a comprehensive risk mitigation plan for a day hike?). And recent developments with my own health have made it worse, much like the recent addition to your family (congratulations!). I think the missus is now even blocking my weekly predicted crises status report emails! ;-)

I wish I could live without worry... but I would just worry about the potential impacts of not worrying about anything.

Kin hell mate, you need to chill ya beans, your more likely to die in a train crash that's taking you home than this flu :)
We’re both (currently) more likely to die from a stress-induced disease than this novel coronavirus...

Which, ironically, we worry about quite often.

they built hospitals just as quickly for the SARS outbreak.

I am exactly the same way — the missus says I really should have been a crisis manager or public health analyst for the WHO or PHE with the way my mind works, constantly trying to assess risk and create plans for mitigating it (even when it’s really unnecessary; who needs a comprehensive risk mitigation plan for a day hike?). And recent developments with my own health have made it worse, much like the recent addition to your family (congratulations!). I think the missus is now even blocking my weekly predicted crises status report emails! ;-)

I wish I could live without worry... but I would just worry about the potential impacts of not worrying about anything.

We’re both (currently) more likely to die from a stress-induced disease than this novel coronavirus...

Which, ironically, we worry about quite often.
Can you add me to the distribution list?

Qu'ils mangent des graines!
images

or even seed cake !!

Bet Richard Branson and family of to there island for 6 months that’s the perks of being billionaire and owning an Island I suppose ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.