Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

My wife has little interest in football. She came in the room whilst I was watching the United game and watched the second half with me. First time she’s watched a game with me since I can remember.

She said this guy commentating is a definite United fan. I never even noticed what he was saying. Think I’m programmed to ignore him now.

What annoyed me most on Wednesday night was Tyler’s insistence of saying the amount of tactical tackles by city players in the game. It’s like we invented it and should be attached to us on every occasion.

What annoyed me most on Wednesday night was Tyler’s insistence of saying the amount of tactical tackles by city players in the game. It’s like we invented it and should be attached to us on every occasion.
that "tactical foul" shite is probably the most annoying tedious term these bellends in the media use....its a fuckin 'foul'....a foul is a foul....you don't get anymore points or different cards....Neville started it & fans being the sheep they are just repeat everything him & the rest of the cocks say like "number 8's or number 10's" & "over achieved or under achieved"....all bullshit cliches that you never heard of 10 years ago.....

Just realised he's 74, when is he going to retire......... he'll be dead when the Rags next win a trophy so can't be that.

I've had a theory about Tyler for a few years now and after seeing him with Carragher and Neville in the commentary gantry for the recent manyoo Scousers match and, his tone when Matic scored on Wednesday, I really don't think it's a matter of favouritism or bias, I simmply think he tailors his reaction dependant upon whether its the home side or the away side that score. If the away team score and he starts shouting and raising his voice in excitement this could be heard by the surrounding home fans and obviously could land him in hot water as the majority of the stadium is deathly quiet when this happens. Listen to his reaction when Matic scored on Wednesday, he doesn't raise his voice, there no yelps or whoops or screams. He reacted the same way every time QPR scored in the 2012 title winner.

I really do think its got everything to do with this and nothing to do with favouritism. Listen to his commentary for games not involving us to give you some objectivity, hell scream like a banshee if it's the home team and react with sullen monotone if it's the away team.

I've had a theory about Tyler for a few years now and after seeing him with Carragher and Neville in the commentary gantry for the recent manyoo Scousers match and, his tone when Matic scored on Wednesday, I really don't think it's a matter of favouritism or bias, I simmply think he tailors his reaction dependant upon whether its the home side or the away side that score. If the away team score and he starts shouting and raising his voice in excitement this could be heard by the surrounding home fans and obviously could land him in hot water as the majority of the stadium is deathly quiet when this happens. Listen to his reaction when Matic scored on Wednesday, he doesn't raise his voice, there no yelps or whoops or screams. He reacted the same way every time QPR scored in the 2012 title winner.

I really do think its got everything to do with this and nothing to do with favouritism. Listen to his commentary for games not involving us to give you some objectivity, hell scream like a banshee if it's the home team and react with sullen monotone if it's the away team.

got any clips of him screaming like a banshee - aguerooooo excepted - when we score at home?

He’s definitely a shithouse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.