Angelino

to be honest i don thintk there is too much difference between him and mendy in terms of defensive ability - neither are good enough so if we can get decent money for him at the end of the loan then hopefully that ill go towards rebolstering the squad

He was one of our weak links IMO. He was pretty poor compared to Walker and even a fully fit Mendy. He made the simple stuff look complicated at times and he was never going to be good enough for us. Shame, but just goes to show how a difference in class the premier league is compared to other European leagues.
Every game he played he created many chances with his crossing. Premier league being different class has nothing to do with it.

Getting rid of him is a mistake, the only reason we are doing it is probably because Pep will play Sane there... a player who is leaving us anyways.

Every game he played he created many chances with his crossing. Premier league being different class has nothing to do with it.

Getting rid of him is a mistake, the only reason we are doing it is probably because Pep will play Sane there... a player who is leaving us anyways.
Each to their own mate. Everyone entitled to their opinion. Looking back through these posts it's half of us thought he was decent and half of us don't. I'll admit he looked superb for PSV but never reached the same level for City IMO. Hence why I still believe the premier league is a gulf in class.

Rather surprised Pep let him go knowing the injury record of Mendy and Zinchenko. Leaves us with a potential headache if we get past Real Madrid, which I guess Pep thinks maybe we won't.

Far too small for a modern-day premiership defender, Luke Shaw would eat him for breakfast ...... literally

Good luck to the lad. We were always going to flip him pretty fast. £19 million is a pretty tidy profit on a third choice left back.
We haven't made any profit. As far as I can see their is a buy option but no obligation to buy.

Rather surprised Pep let him go knowing the injury record of Mendy and Zinchenko. Leaves us with a potential headache if we get past Real Madrid, which I guess Pep thinks maybe we won't.
Mendy, Zinchenko now fit. Laporte can also cover.

Even if Angelino was only used as a filler to give Mendy, Zinc and Laporte a rest in the easier games.

I dont think they`ll make enough money out of the loan to compensate form Angelino filling in once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.