United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the long-term solution was Haaland but Raiola meant that went tits up. The situation will be revisited in the summer with a long-term striker targeted, most likely Moussa Dembele. For now we just need a body.

Haaland didn't even consider signing for Utd, you shouldn't believe Sky Sports and the Rags in the media.

Miss out on CL and you're fucked. Overpaid, bloated, talentless squad and skint, with only the Pogba money to waste, 47m of that gambled yesterday.

desperate fuckers pmsl.
LOL boyhood 'nited fan :)

Back in 2015 after Watford’s promotion from the Championship Odion Ighalo told me where he was most looking forward to playing in his first Premier League season. No hesitation: “Old Trafford. It’ll be a dream come true to play against Manchester United, the team I supported in my youth.” Little did he know what would happen five years later.

I’m genuinely happy for him because Odion is one of the nicest, most genuine players I’ve met in football. Someone who does a huge amount of charity work for people in Nigeria. He’s also still a very talented striker.

I admit it’s a left field move by United and I’m also sure that you’ll have read and heard all the negatives so to balance things out let me give you some positives: Ighalo is a natural number 9 and a natural goalscorer with pace and power. Barcelona tried to sign him just 12 months ago because they wanted that type of player. He turned them down.

He is a very strong character too. The Nigerian got a lot of criticism back home after missing chances when the Super Eagles got knocked out by Argentina at the last World Cup (including abuse aimed at his family) but he came back stronger to finish top scorer not only in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying but also at the tournament itself, ahead of the likes of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Riyad Mahrez.

Ighalo’s proven in the Premier League and will be able to hit the ground running fitness permitting. He’ll also be a very popular team-mate, who will give his all to be a success at United. Nobody will work harder.

It’s almost like a homecoming too. Ighalo’s family has been based in Manchester. It’s a fairytale move for the United fan from Lagos. Now let’s see if, not for the first time in his career, he can prove the doubters wrong.

YCMIU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.