Is Manuka honey worth paying extra for?

There are many species of bees that are are threatened. Shipping honey half way around the world is beyond stupid. Support your local apiarist instead.
If a bee-hive isn't raided by humans (or bears) I presume the honey is for their own consumption. Therefore, if we keep taking honey from hives are we not doing something detrimental to the bees' livelihood? The poor worker bees, having slaved all summer, watch as all their hard work disappears in a puff of smoke and they think, "Fucking hell, I can't have my holiday now! It's back to work for me."

A few people commenting on Manuka obviously haven't tried it judging by replies, it's definitely not bog standard honey IMO. The original question, well read the thread title. I take it you haven't tried it.

And you are the one arguing it is, that is what I was saying, so pointless asking that question lol

If I was to start a thread asking how to chop a tree down and somebody said to use a chainsaw and I then argued that I didn't want to do that, then that would also be fucking stupid.

:)

And you are the one arguing it is, that is what I was saying, so pointless asking that question lol

If I was to start a thread asking how to chop a tree down and somebody said to use a chainsaw and I then argued that I didn't want to do that, then that would also be fucking stupid.

:)
You're just being a wum, and not a very good wum; )

If a bee-hive isn't raided by humans (or bears) I presume the honey is for their own consumption. Therefore, if we keep taking honey from hives are we not doing something detrimental to the bees' livelihood? The poor worker bees, having slaved all summer, watch as all their hard work disappears in a puff of smoke and they think, "Fucking hell, I can't have my holiday now! It's back to work for me."

Yes but that is why they are called worker bees. If humans (and bears) didn't take the honey they would be known as Fuck It I'll Collect The Pollen Later bees

jFnKA0-ag5EI0oy3riEfvnkVSffNZlmQs4kgfJs9SrHiFMBqYvIMQHNuD56dQ10Jk9-ebke2fgHFDHZnMP0Hi4rLu2lNS3vR7igKJI8-ZoUongflTGvow4E2cio

How easy is it to build your own beehive and manage it to ultimately provide you with free honey? I reckon it’s a really nice little hobby and your beekeeper uniform could double-up as a suit for fencing or you could use the front visor as a sieve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.