Var debate 2019/20

I’m getting tired of this... it’s getting really monotonous and in a really nauseous way.

Yesterday’s game was a perfect snapshot of how this season has gone. Liverpool basically looking decidedly average and in fact on the ropes a bit for an entire half. Despite Liverpool looking average the other team has failed to capitalise by scoring a goal but there are signs it could be coming. However the circumstances that may normally present a breakthrough are denied to their opponents.. Robertson has reinvented the rule book and brought back the back pass. Danny Ings is blatantly tripped and no pen given as Liverpool “must” be kept in the game.. with Southampton players appealing and rightfully feeling hard done by Liverpool use this brief emotional lapse in concentration to run up the other end and score totally against the run of play... second half with the opposition feeling disgruntled with an air of inevitability and doom about how the game will end.. it ends as expected. Rinse and repeat.

I’m fed up with it. And before anyone says it.. no the Frimino one wasn’t a pen but they will use that as a benchmark for VAR decisions being impartial when it comes to mistakes painting the picture they are across the board. Yes Frimino was touched on the shoulders but the Southampton player realised and pulled away his hands and Frimino unnaturally threw himself to the floor. It was never a penalty.

the Ings one was a stone wall. Fabinho deliberately tripped him when he got through.. an absolute travesty of a decision. And Southampton somewhat understandably lost their concentration and Liverpool “pounced”. Reminded me of when they “pounced” against us after we were all at sea in disbelief after the Trent Arnold bollocks.

Must be nice knowing you can “pounce” on the opposition when half the team is pre occupied with the referee. I wonder whether they work on it in training?

Anyway.. I have had the unfortunate displeasure of watching a lot of their games this season (glutton for punishment it seems) and honestly for a team that has only dropped 2 points in two thirds of a season you could call me certifiably insane for saying they aren’t that good. But they really aren’t. They are a good but not great side. Nearly all their games are competitive. They hardly ever dominate and during at least 30% of most of their games they are outplayed. During these periods they are kept in the game and shielded from danger. They are also offered assistance in chances (soft pen after soft pen, debatable offsides etc) when needed.

It’s absolutely implausible that a team that has played in so many tight contests could come through them week in week out unscathed. In fact it’s unfeasible and circumstantially impossible to achieve without manipulation.

Nearly every game follows the same pattern.

I’m done.
You’re wrong, it’s just a little bit of inconsistency.....

I'm sure it's already been mentioned in the thread but I only just saw the Glenn Murray goal from yesterday. He clearly controlled the ball far more with him arm than Laporte's accidental brush against Spurs.
I wonder if BlueHammer85 still thinks VAR is great.

So the folk running the PL are risking certain Jail sentences along with most if not all of Pigmol when all this explodes? As there's obviously a hell of a lot of folk involved in all of this. One whistleblower with taped recordings/emails/documents etc etc blows the biggest sporting scandal ever with billions of pounds at stake, just to stop us, and crown a different team?
It's already happened.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-incident-he-claims-he-was-told-to-lie-about/

Mark Halsey claims Mike Riley put pressure on him to alter his report regarding a sending off incident. He claimed he saw an incident, and Riley told him to lie, and say he didn't see the incident so that they could issue a retrospective punishment to a player. Gary Neville immediately realised the importance of this an asked for an investigation.

What happened? Nothing. Halsey said nothing further. Neville, with all his influence, said nothing more about it. No newspaper ran with the story. Nobody appears to have asked Riley about it. The allegation was just swept under the carpet.

Let's assume the story is true, as why would Halsey make this claim if it was untrue? I very much doubt if this is the only time Riley has had a quiet word (nothing written, nothing recordable mind) with one of his charges to change a report. Or maybe go lenient towards one team. Or maybe give a particular team nothing in a game. What can the referee do about it? He can't go against his boss, or he'll be in Division 1 for the rest of the season.

Where is the accountability for Riley and PGMOL? There is none. They are a law unto themselves. They take no orders from anyone. They even ignore instruction from IFAB. And they are a monopoly.

There are also subtle ways to influence games, like with referee appointments. EUFA appointing a Spanish referee in the Liverpool CL tie was an obvious one. A Spaniard should not be appointed for a Guardiola team because of the prevailing political tensions.

Putting me right off football. Has far too big an effect on the circumstances of each game, it shouldn’t be noticeable but that whole farce has given Spurs an advantage when it was us who were fouled in the box.

Would also help if our players didn’t shit themselves from 12 yards every single time

It is fucking awful.

Im not actually watching the game because of it and instead working but following the match thread and its no surprise to see its fucking ruining yet another game of football.

It is fucking awful.

Im not actually watching the game because of it and instead working but following the match thread and its no surprise to see its fucking ruining yet another game of football.

rightly overturned a referee's mistake and gave us a penalty which we missed -

Sterling following up and the gk go for he same ball right near the byline - sterling gets a touch and keeper looks to have touched sterling and he goes over - not too sure if the second one is a penalty just based ont he fact that sterling is going nowhere - but possibly a penalty as well

also didnt send sterling off when people say he should have been - think VAR is right on that as there is no intent and he get s the ball and then gets the man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.