Should City compete in the domestic Cups?

Liverpool have for the last two seasons effectively ducked them and focused on the CL and PL.

Last season I feel a big part of City's failure to get past Spurs was our conservative approach in the 1st leg where a tire City squad played a cautious game. It was of course not the only factor in our defeat in that tie but it was a factor.

I feel that overall City are right to try and win every competition but it is clear that Liverpool have taken a different strategy. In part it is not quite fair to compare City and Liverpool because City have a much stronger squad.

Are both clubs doing what's right by their team even though they seem to be conflicting strategies?
Liverpool focused on the Prem last year and won zilch. We were injury ravaged and won the lot. Our desire to win everything paid off. Liverpool failed, albeit human nature means we can’t endlessly dominate. Not bad that our dip is dropping to second and still in every cup.

Yes,yes,yes. Ffs surely every fan wants the team they support to win as much as possible and compete for it too in every competition their team plays in. Always feel they ( corporate, fa, etc) diluted some of these competitions by calling it by a sponsors name. Call the league cup the league cup. FA cup the FA cup, get your name in somewhere else. All those “big” teams from a while back who played their “kids” didn’t help either. Those “ big” teams aren’t so keen to play the kids now.

Absolutely 100% treat every competitive game with respect , we are not an arrogant football club who chooses to pick and choose trophies , go for the lot. In a few years time our honours list will be quite impressive , cups galore , and titles , we will not be waiting 13 years and then choose to duck out of competitions because our global support in Asia , USA etc., do not recognise the League cup or FA Cup. When we start to throw cup games , to win one-game mickey mouse cups just to wear little gold badges on our kit , then i will f*ck it off , because that is unadulterated glory hunting.

Fuvk me , only a few years ago most of us would have given our left bollock to be in a domestic cup final, far less win 5.
Totally agree with you TAM.
people have short memories.
I've loved each and every one of our trips to wembley and wouldn't swap them for anything. C.T.I.D

Liverpool have for the last two seasons effectively ducked them and focused on the CL and PL.

Last season I feel a big part of City's failure to get past Spurs was our conservative approach in the 1st leg where a tire City squad played a cautious game. It was of course not the only factor in our defeat in that tie but it was a factor.

I feel that overall City are right to try and win every competition but it is clear that Liverpool have taken a different strategy. In part it is not quite fair to compare City and Liverpool because City have a much stronger squad.

Are both clubs doing what's right by their team even though they seem to be conflicting strategies?
Liverpool’s intention to give all the first team time off for the FA Cup replay is shameful, particularly as they’re out of reach in the PL. It's arrogant and pathetic to effectively say they don’t care about the oldest cup competition in the world, a competition that has more entrants than any other anywhere.

Off course we should and the biggest part that Spurs beat us is that we missed a penalty.
That’s one moment in 180 minutes. One sitter does not define a defeat unless it’s the last kick of the game.

Anyone who’s been at Wembley to see us win a cup in the last decade will be able to answer the daft question posed in this thread very easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.