Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that time the team you managed won the European Cup, you should offer your services to the club

What does winning a European Cup 10 years ago have to do with anything present? I'm not slagging Pep but that is irrelevant to what the person you replied to was saying.

I really don't see what benefit another year would give us. Stepping back we have had two out of this world seasons and so far one and a half very average seasons under Pep. I don't see us doing anything in the Champs league so it'll likely be two of each.

Some of his decision making, team selections, use of the squad, substitutions have just been baffling. Foden's development has stalled, Garcia should be a regular in the team given our other options at CB but Pep just doesn't want to use youth. He'd rather Gundogan do fuck all on the pitch for 90 minutes than give Foden a run in the team and I am getting sick of seeing him playing favourites when they are shit and offer us nothing.

The team needs rebuilding and for me it should be a manager who is here for the long term doing the rebuilding not someone who will be fucking off to their next job in a years time. The players honestly look like they have stopped playing for Pep as well but that is a whole other discussion. I think those in charge need to seriously be on the look out for our next manager.
Excellent post.

We weren't really prepared for this season if injuries occurred. Losing Sane hasn't helped. But even when there was speculation that Sane was off to Bayern Munich, we should've got ourselves a striker/winger that knows how to convert chances into goals. People will complain about our defending but the goals we concede only ever come when we're having to commit everyone forward. The big difference between us and Liverpool is that front three (Mane/Firmino/Salah).

Aguero is our only goal scoring threat and Sterling was never clinical enough in front of goal.

Clubs have plans and will not panic buy any longer.

Win the league is the aim but when thats gone and its been gone for a while now its can we finish top 4.

That is almost guaranteed so its onto the summer to make the changes.

Still think we will finish the season with a couple of cups and finish 2nd.

Hardly a disaster.

Even in the season we got 100 points we were 5 points behind what Liverpool are now. They’re having an exceptional season whether you like it or not, whining that the greatest manager we’ve ever had, that’s produced the greatest teams we’ve ever had is “losing the plot” because we’ve not kept touch with them is horrific stuff.

Even in the season we got 100 points we were 5 points behind what Liverpool are now. They’re having an exceptional season whether you like it or not, whining that the greatest manager we’ve ever had, that’s produced the greatest teams we’ve ever had is “losing the plot” because we’ve not kept touch with them is horrific stuff.
This forum is full of bile at the moment and it is a real shame that some have become so entitled.

Sergio off, Cancelo on.

Sterling and Mahrez start, B Silva on the bench.

No threat from corners.

It’s frightening how quickly our support turns on its own.

We have genuine shit support.

It’s embarrassing. Our supporters are fickle as fuck. We’ve got 93 pages of a thread criticising the best manager we’ve ever had. Highly likely to win the league cup and still in the champions league and fa cup.

Lost 6 out of 25. Team playing like Arsenal. He gets the plaudits when we’re winning it’s right that he gets criticism now

People are entitled to an opinion, just expect them to get challenged. Bobby took us further forward from where we where. Pellers took us too a multi cup winning team. Pep has set records. The similarity with all three is that every time we could press on we didn't. Pep will be gone much sooner than club thinks unless the club shows its serious about challenging the very best every season. Its not to say this hasn't been an truly awesome decade, it has, but it ends costing a lot more to catch. The worst element will be those players who are truly of the quality we need , will go where wages and aspirations match. What's to say KDB is thinking that he might be better of elsewhere if he wants to win the CL, how long before he gets pissed of playing in a team which is thrown together.
Also how much does Pep rely on the brains of of his coaches?
The answer is we dont, could be, or yes it is.
All today has shown that the 100's of blues on this forum and likely millions around the globe that we have a mediocre transfer policy which on a regular basis leaves us with a waiver thin and poorly balanced squad, with a continued last minute policy towards replacing key players and characters.
Trophy count aside (and what a trophy count), nothing has changed since Roberto's last season. The suits are fucking it up, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.