Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how much I dislike agreeing with Dax, and I still don’t entirely agree with everything he has said, but it is true that people did question Dinho’s performances in his first season with us (I brought this up earlier in the thread when responding to @OrigamiNinja) in much the same way people are questioning Rodri’s now. They did it with David and Yaya and Zab, too. Because we now rightly consider them some of the best players to ever wear sky blue, some rising to legend status, we tend to forget that ever happened. And he didn’t get as many minutes toward the end, for whatever reason, tactical or otherwise.

If Rodri does as well as some of us think he will, we’ll probably be having this same conversation vis-a-vis his eventual replacement 10 years from now.

“He’s no where near as good as Rodri was in his first season with us, anyone can see that. Rodri was world class from the off. Get rid!” ;-)
Thanks,i don't really get comparing players in their first seasons when they are different and all take their own times to settle

Thanks,i don't really get comparing players in their first seasons when they are different and all take their own times to settle
I am with you. Though, I do find myself guilty of it at times but I am trying to improve that, along with many other things, of course.

It’s a tedious process, much like reading my posts. ;-)

Reading your posts are a pleasure,always sensible
What are you trying to say about me Karen? :)

Just so you know, I feel sorry Sebastian is agreeing with me. I'm seriously considering a U-turn on my opinion :p

The more I watch the more I feel we just bought the wrong type of player. He's not dynamic enough going forward, his recoveries are slow and he can't cover spaces as quickly as a Fernandinho. We needed an athletic and robust CDM. I don't understand why we thought Rodri was a better option than Saul for instance.

Very easily bypassed by the opposition and simply doesn’t have the legs to recover. Fear we’ve made a big mistake with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.