We’ve no leaders.

Did you not see Kev's reaction to otta on Wednesday,& as for sane' he won't even sign a new contract, Vinnie has gone and the days of people like Mike Doyle &Gerry gow are long gone.imo it's got to be keV.

Moaning isn’t leading.

World class playmaker. Maybe the best we’ve had.

Not a leader though.

This is where Jack Grealish would be a good signing, he's a fighter and has passion and desire.

I didn’t say make him a captain...but his game can lift those around him.Therefore he’s a leader.

I’ve made the argument Tevez and Yaya were leaders.

Both were shocking captains!

Tevez was alright up until the transfer request. I agree with Yaya (although like Sane was an individual match winner) As for Sane he doesn't seem the inspirational type.

Last edited:
Ok I’ll bite.

Tell me the big game with big stakes where it was him that turned it.

It’s never, ever been him.

Absolutely world class but let’s look at him.

First season? All Yaya in that run in.
First champs league campaigns? Nowhere to be found.
Pellers first season? Went missing in all the big games-the Liverpool game at Anfield was embarrassing. Champs league...see same.
Under Pep? Terrible first season, we won back to back but was it really down to him? Which big games did he turn?
Last season, Kompany did all the heavy lifting. Silva had a woeful second half of the season.

There’s a pattern. He’s without a doubt world class but on the biggest of nights he’s never lifted us like others have.

The pass backwards in the United game was his mindset in a microcosm.

I absolutely adore him and love watching him play and he’s a legend for our club.

But...not a leader.

Sergio...I thought on.

Not a leader. He can inspire, but he’s not the player to grab a game like a Yaya could or KDB could.

Kun makes HIS game better. He doesn’t lift everyone around him. I’ll also factor in his Argentina career as evidence and his penalty records.

So I’ll hedge him and say he’s inspiring, but not a leader.

You know who’s a leader and is absolutely woeful? Henderson. As is Milner.(that’s makes me sick to say btw). United has no leaders. Chelsea have none. Spurs have none.

We’ve had some great ones.

Vinny stands above all.
Dunne was a phenomenal leader.
Yaya was a great leader.
Hart? A leader, but one that proved divisive in the end.
Tevez...mad to say, but a leader.
Bellamy...leader.
Barry,Zab and Nige...leaders.
Delph...never rated him at all, but a leader.
Lampard...leader(even in a down year and his form gone).

You see, leadership isn’t defined by talent. It’s no defined by your ability to shout and scream(plenty mistake this for leadership).

Leadership is your ability when everything is going against you to raise yourself to a higher standard and bring that same ability out in others around you.

Kobe Bryant was a phenomenal leader. He made comments along the lines of “I’ll do anything to help this team win. I’ll sit on that bench better than anyone if it helps us. I’ll wave a towel. I’ll hand out water bottles”. That’s leadership. Take talent out of it and doesn’t that sound like Delph for example? When Vinny was injured he was still our leader.

Right now, our club has mistaken talent and success for ability to lead. That’s why we’re struggling.

I was arguing more your logic with Silva, wasn’t a leader because he passed instead of shooting isn’t an example. To then claim Sane is a leader and Agüero isn’t is utter nonsense.
Posts full of contradictions, everything you said about Sane is the same with Aguero, raising their own game, not the teams.

I was arguing more your logic with Silva, wasn’t a leader because he passed instead of shooting isn’t an example. To then claim Sane is a leader and Agüero isn’t is utter nonsense.
Posts full of contradictions, everything you said about Sane is the same with Aguero, raising their own game, not the teams.

I’ve already addressed how in a previous post.

Big difference. When Sane’s on fire, so are those around him. When Kun is on fire, Kun is on fire.

I’m a lifelong blue.

I’ve also spent my professional life leading businesses, and spent a large chunk of my life playing another sport and coaching it. I’ve won a ton as a player and as a coach. I then became technical director of that sport and was charged with coaching coaches and educating them. I am obsessed with the ability to lead, not just in football but in business too. Probably read 100 books on it and know some absolute legends all regarded as examples of great leadership. I know the signs and the outliers.

The common misconceptions are it’s the shouters and the talented.

It can be, but its often not the case.

Silva, Fernandinho, Kun will all go down as greats of the game and of this club. But they aren’t leaders.

I’ve already addressed how in a previous post.

Big difference. When Sane’s on fire, so are those around him. When Kun is on fire, Kun is on fire.

I’m a lifelong blue.

I’ve also spent my professional life leading businesses, and spent a large chunk of my life playing another sport and coaching it. I’ve won a ton as a player and as a coach. I then became technical director of that sport and was charged with coaching coaches and educating them. I am obsessed with the ability to lead, not just in football but in business too. Probably read 100 books on it and know some absolute legends all regarded as examples of great leadership. I know the signs and the outliers.

The common misconceptions are it’s the shouters and the talented.

It can be, but its often not the case.

Silva, Fernandinho, Kun will all go down as greats of the game and of this club. But they aren’t leaders.

I don’t overly disagree with our lack of leaders. To say Sane is a leader after all your detailed explanations is mind boggling. He is the least leader like in our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.