The 'finisher' argument

TFC

Been thinking about this for a little while now, and I keep wittering on about it on threads, certainly a topic for discussion in my mind...

Despite the goals scored, anyone else like to see a 'finisher' brought in? We could be at 200 fucking goals scored this season already, never mind 100 if we had someone else to help take the goalscoring burden. Also, be nice if our lads weren't fucking petrified of having a shot. Defenders afraid to hit row Z, strikers afraid to shoot....fuck me.

'We score so many!' some of you will cry.....but fuck me we are wasteful. It's pitiful at times.

Who is out there that fits the mold? Can't help but think that sir Harry would score 50 a season in this setup. Pep must be beside himself.

Been thinking about this for a little while now, and I keep wittering on about it on threads, certainly a topic for discussion in my mind...

Despite the goals scored, anyone else like to see a 'finisher' brought in? We could be at 200 fucking goals scored this season already, never mind 100 if we had someone else to help take the goalscoring burden. Also, be nice if our lads weren't fucking petrified of having a shot. Defenders afraid to hit row Z, strikers afraid to shoot....fuck me.

'We score so many!' some of you will cry.....but fuck me we are wasteful. It's pitiful at times.

Who is out there that fits the mold? Can't help but think that sir Harry would score 50 a season in this setup. Pep must be beside himself.
Not many great CF out there, I agree Kane would score a lot, I’d like to see Rashford here. They’re both as obtainable as Mbappe though.

We missed a trick letting the rags get igalho. Apparently his nickname is the jigsaw, I can only imagine it means he cuts defenders down and scores at will. Well done cheeky.

Reactions: TFC
Before the first reply I thought Lewandowski. Knows Pep, gives us a height option, fits Pep's definition of clinical and he's got to be a bit bored with where he is ;). Sane as bargaining chip (tin hat time).

yes this is the over-riding issue.

I've responded to comments about finishing in the past with comments about our goals scored but there is no doubt that we are missing a lot of opportunities or not maximising very good attacking situations. Is it the strikers? Midfielders are not weighing in with goals either. I can point the finger at Sterling at the moment. Is there more to it?

I don’t think it’s just about the striker, it’s the finishing ability of the front three.

I know we’re still the highest scorers, but it’s also down to when those goals happen. We’re great at putting a lot last teams if we score our first few chances, it’s when we don’t or when it’s a game of fewer opportunities when that makes a difference though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.