Who’s gone in the summer?

I'd be surprised if we get rid of both Otamendi and Stones. Gundogan either. The reality is that not everyone can be a star, and you need these players who can come in a do a job, and you can't expect them to be as good as the best players. Jesus is going nowhere. People like to moan about him, but for his age, there's not many better. Which isn't to say we won't bring in another goalscorer, particularly one who can play wide.

For me:
Bravo - probably
Angelino - probably
Otamendi - almost certainly
Stones - maybe
Zinchenko - probably not
Gundogan - probably not
Silva - obviously
Sane - probably
Jesus - almost certainly not

So that leaves us needing a backup GK who can play out from the back, a world class starting CB, possibly a top quality young CB, perhaps a LB, but they may go with Cancelo covering both flanks, an attacking winger, and possibly a AM, but I don't think we need one.

Despite our finishing in the last few matches, let's be honest, our defence is the reason why we're not hitting the heights of last season, so that's where I'd like to see our money spent.

They have an option on Harrison for £7 million. £20 mill for Mahrez is laughable he'd be at least double. Think Angelino has a £25 million option as well. Never getting £70 mill for Leroy unless he signs an extension.

Sane is easily 70m

Sane clearly wants out - Pep's view is that if a player doesn't want to be here he can go ( I agree ) - replace him with Redmond - a year older but plays wide left, Pep rates him and he would probably be inexpensive
Nathan fucking Redmond?
023.jpg

Out:

bravo free
David Silva free
Leroy £70m
Zinchenko £20m
Angelino £20m
Otamendi £12m
Stones £25m
Mahrez £20m
Jack Harrison £10m
Patrick Roberts £8m

In:

werner @ £30m
Sancho @ £100m
Skriniar @ £80m
Aouar @ £50m
Chilwell @ £60m

If you offered Mahrez for 20m every club in Europe would want him . West Ham just paid that for a player from Hull City..... and your saying he and Angelino are at the same level, both worth 20m ?

Pep obviously rates him...............ever considered Pep knows what he is about more than you do?
What makes you think Pep rates him? Because he spoke to him once and told him he was underperforming? He's had words with loads of our opponents at the end of games. It doesn't mean he wants to buy them. I can think of Christiansen for Chelsea, Hojberg, some Bournemouth player. Did he recently speak to Grealish? They're not all targets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.