Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

All the bad decisions, injuries, and Liverpool gifts have just taken all of the air and edge out of the team. There’s just bonfire and none of them want to be going through the motions. It will be hard to switch it on for cl, but who knows.

Most of all, we need to fecking shoot far more often than we do! Our passing is like the Chuckle Brothers ("To me." "To You." "To Me ...").

If we can't score we will continue to drop points. We dominate games, we dominate the ball, we create chances and half chances - but we struggle to score.

Once the first goes in we look better. It looks like we are low on confidence after we score we are suddenly quicker, crisper, more direct and look like we can score with every attack.

Last edited:
Getting beat by the rags was bad enough but losing to the team I have despised since 1981 just deepened the annoyance. And then to realise that with over 30 attempts at goal in those matches we failed to hit the target once, and even missed yet another penalty making the dark cloud even darker. And there is no lifting for a couple of weeks as the players are on a jolliday.
Our defence of the title is heading toward one the worst on record.

It’s ok to lose a football match you know!

If you don’t like it go and support the rags.

So you like City getting beat? I don't know any fan who likes getting beat from any club; what a ridiculous statement.

If we can score we will continue to drop points. We dominate games, we dominate the ball, we create chances and half chances - but we struggle to score.

Once the first goes in we look better. It looks like we are low on confidence after we score we are suddenly quicker, crisper, more direct and look like we can score with every attack.
Assume you meant can't if so agree but I think we are also missing some luck on another day we would have battered spurs even with 10 players we still created chances and dominated possession

The penalty should have been retaken as Lloris is well off his line, lloris should have got a yellow for attacking Sterling, and that was never a foul let alone a booking by Zinchenko, ref had a good game for the FA, pity he got called up over one of the penalties but hey we did not score

I'm glad he kept the players in the dressing room for 40 / 45 mins. They played well but not well enough . He has hopefully got a hold of this now thankfully . He has such standards of excellence that even playing well doesn't come up to that standard. We have got to play better than playing well . Hopefully now the bleeding will stop and we can get back to the perfection that was so evident last season. When I say perfection I mean not making any silly mistakes during the game. Pep sets that standard and it's so high. The players haven't come up to it ad it's that simple and they need to be told. No more of " one shot on target and one goal " What kind of standard is that ? It's just unacceptable when we think of how we fared last season. The reaction next week will be important .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.