Var debate 2019/20

It was one of those that on another day is red,when VAR looked at it I thought here we go red card,giving how we have been stitched up I’m surprised it wasn’t red,but I’ve already given my reasons on the match thread,as for the lloris pen save then sterling challenge that’s a stonewall pen for me lloris nowhere near the ball,the give city another pen was never gonna happen,anyhow you’s won but surely you must be concerned how poor your team is ( you got away with it today) but can’t keep riding your luck the remainder of the season.hopefully some good will come from your win as preventing the rags from getting top 4 ...

We have signed a couple of players now and I think next season will be the big one for kicking on again. It's been a poor season for us, but then again it has been by a lot of clubs. Arsenal, United, even your lot by the high standards of last season and the one before.

VAR has a mare.

Sterling should have been sent off.

The time to give the pen was ridiculous.

The pen should have been retaken.

That error was backed up by Sterling not getting a pen after being clearly fouled.

The first half was close to unwatchable.

The Tottenham supporter on the MOTD said Sterling was lucky as the tackle was high and late, he was lying it was millimeters away from the ball and low just above the ankle, it was not intentional off the ground or studs up, it was a bad tackle but yellow at the most

VAR has a mare.
The time to give the pen was ridiculous.

Our players need to kick it out for a throw so VAR can review it while the game is stopped. This way the spotlight is 100% on VAR instead of in the background as the game continues. Sergio felt he had been fouled so give the signal and if the attacking momentum is lost put it out or commit a soft foul to stop the game.

Our players need to kick it out for a throw so VAR can review it while the game is stopped. This way the spotlight is 100% on VAR instead of in the background as the game continues. Sergio felt he had been fouled so give the signal and if the attacking momentum is lost put it out or commit a soft foul to stop the game.

The ref should have made the sign finger to ear so every one knew it had gone to VAR, he did not, he cheated and claimed the player had got the ball, there is a law that says ` if you do not see it you can not call it` or words to that extent, he lied and cheated, but got caught out by VAR because they knew they would never get away with it again ie the last time we played Tottenham, it still took over 2 minutes for VAR to debate if they could get away with it though, as it would have taken 2 seconds to see it was a penalty.
You never give the ball away as you never know the consequences

Yes, Lloris was off his line. Penalty should definitely have been retaken. I’ve seen some say that VAR can’t intervene in that instance. But I’m pretty sure that it did during the Nations Cup?

I do have to ask you, though, why you suggest that Lloris might have been sent off. Yes, there was contact but, IMO, Sterling was already going down long before any contact. Even if Dean had decided to give a penalty, it would have been a yellow card at most. Why red?

I was wondering that too - no reason at all for a red card for that.

I don't remember it happening at the Nations League finals, but it did at the Women's World Cup. I think part way through FIFA withdrew using it for keeper movements. The PL announced they weren't using it this season, but there is the linesman on the goalline - the only reason he is there is to check for the keeper moving.

Ok after watching football for 55 yrs I guess out of my 60 ! I dont understand it any more .
Yesterday second yellow for a defender pushing a attacker over.
Go back to the wolves game forward pushing over our defender no foul goal.

I dont understand this game anymore 3 minutes of continuous play than the ref pulls play back for a penalty, 3 bloody minutes after the foul. Keeper than saves the penalty but was of his line should be taken again. It wasnt. Than Sterling gets ti the keepers save first and is than caught by the keeper should be another penalty. It wasnt.
I really really dont understand VAR

I’ve given many pro’s and cons and have never said it’s great.

Spurs defender completely took out Aguero , without VAR the ref wouldn’t have gave a penalty

notice Lloris can come miles off his line to save a pen

no VAR brilliant aye ?
Refs have stopped making decisions because VAR will make them for him. VAR impacts on referees choices. Just like in Cricket. Umpires rely on the review process. You cannot say for certain that all decisions the refs fail to make have not been influenced by VAR. You continue to spout this tripe and have watered down your views over time but essentially you are an apologist for something that has killed my lifelong passion for football.

I was wondering that too - no reason at all for a red card for that.

I don't remember it happening at the Nations League finals, but it did at the Women's World Cup. I think part way through FIFA withdrew using it for keeper movements. The PL announced they weren't using it this season, but there is the linesman on the goalline - the only reason he is there is to check for the keeper moving.
I don't understand this about VAR not being used for keeper movements? When it clearly states on the PL own website that it is to be used for goal keeper movements. Are you saying this is wrong? If this is true why is it still on their website.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297433

Ok after watching football for 55 yrs I guess out of my 60 ! I dont understand it any more .
Yesterday second yellow for a defender pushing a attacker over.
Go back to the wolves game forward pushing over our defender no foul goal.

I dont understand this game anymore 3 minutes of continuous play than the ref pulls play back for a penalty, 3 bloody minutes after the foul. Keeper than saves the penalty but was of his line should be taken again. It wasnt. Than Sterling gets ti the keepers save first and is than caught by the keeper should be another penalty. It wasnt.
I really really dont understand VAR

Zinchenko didn’t get the second yellow because he pushed Winks over specifically. He got the second yellow for deliberately preventing a counter attack . No pretence, even, to play the ball. It has been the case for donkey’s years that players will always get a yellow card in such circumstances.

As to the second penalty claim, I can only think that the VAR ref thought, like me, that there was contact but that Sterling was already going down long before the contact. So, at the very least, there was no clear and obvious error on Dean’s part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.