Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

And if the ref hadn't given Sterling a yellow for his 'foul' on Ali then the clamour for another one wouldn't have occured, Zinchenko wouldn't have had to help out his team mate, picking up a yellow in the process, and would've been able to take Winks out without getting sent off...

He was booked in the aftermath of the penalty, not the Sterling foul.

Zinchenko's first yellow was easily avoidable, no need to run over and get involved. Get a yellow for a foul not dissent.

Yeah, I agree. I like Zinchenko because he is the sort of player that will always get stuck in and support his teammates in those situations, but I think there's ways of doing that without getting a booking.

Agreed, I know emotions are running high - but we are actually playing WELL. I know bad shooting is bad football, but things will turn around.
I am not sure about that.

Playing well involves putting the ball in the net. That is a skill. Long term we have the players. It's a form thing. But we have big Cup games on the horizon.

Perhaps it's a good thing that the club is forced to address its weaknesses in advance of the important games.

And if the ref hadn't given Sterling a yellow for his 'foul' on Ali then the clamour for another one wouldn't have occured, Zinchenko wouldn't have had to help out his team mate, picking up a yellow in the process, and would've been able to take Winks out without getting sent off...

I'm sorry are you suggesting that wasn't a foul? FFS if that had happened to one of ours (Kane and Alli last couple of years spring to mind) there would have been uproar it wasn't a red

we where far better than spurs, finishing was appalling and pep knows this.
all be it result means nothing as scousers are going to win the league.

This is going to sound counter-intuitive but I think our problems putting the ball in the back of the net is partly down to our problems at the back.

It's similar to Pep's first season where we didn't struggle to create chances, would dominate games, miss some ridiculous chances, and lose to the opposition's only attempts at goal. Think Chelsea at home 2016/17, battered them, KDB hitting the bar with an empty net from 8 yards, should have been three or four up, lost 3-1.

Last two seasons where we've been solid at the back we have been more clinical and it's more or less the same team going forward in all these seasons.

Maybe we feel more under-pressure in these games to put our chances away, knowing we have to score as we will concede at some point, the longer the game is in the balance the more the pressure ramps up. If we go a goal or two in front though, the pressure releases and we batter them, like Villa away.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but teams at the moment know they can/will score against us, so if they just stay in the game they get a result. That's two games in a row where the only tactic the opposition has had is to defend, and both games we have contrived to lose.

I'm not concerned long term, we are battering teams and creating chances, and if we can just become a bit more solid we win these games comfortably, especially if the other team know they will have to do more than just sit back and wait for our mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.