Your dream 2020/21 side

Just get Werner from Leipzig. Hurry up!

While we are there could get their CH Upamecano too.

Then get a reserve keeper. Bring back the American?

I might be happy with that. Use Foden and Garcia more. Maybe give Braff a go.

Last edited:
Sincere questions... where are all the good left-backs? Everyone mentions Chilwell but i'm just not convinced he solves anything major. Good player mind, but once again it'd be another okay left-back, not a potentially world class one.

I like Halstenberg at Leipzig, coincidentally Angelino's main competition now.

He's probably too old for us, but he's a LB that can actually defend, as well as being handy offensively.

Likely won't ever reach world class status, but would be a solid option alongside Mendy (assuming we can get the latter fit and firing again). He'd be considerably cheaper than someone like Chillwell and, if Angelino does well, could strike some sort of deal with Leipzig.

I like Halstenberg at Leipzig, coincidentally Angelino's main competition now.

He's probably too old for us, but he's a LB that can actually defend, as well as being handy offensively.

Likely won't ever reach world class status, but would be a solid option alongside Mendy (assuming we can get the latter fit and firing again). He'd be considerably cheaper than someone like Chillwell and, if Angelino does well, could strike some sort of deal with Leipzig.
Yeah we dont need WC left back, just someone who can do the basics well and doesnt look out of place in top team. This LB experiment with Zinchenko, Cancelo etc needs to end IMO.

....................eddy......................
Kimmick..kouabaly...Laporte..chillwell
....................Rodri.....................
...........Kev............Foden/B.silva...
Stirling/Mahrez..Aguero........Mbappe

400m outlay
Sell Sané :( 80m
Otta 20m
Mendy. 35m
Cancelo. 45m
Stones. 30m
Angeleno. 25m
Gundogan. 25m
260m sales
Only 140m total outlay
Easy job this ;)

Sincere questions... where are all the good left-backs? Everyone mentions Chilwell but i'm just not convinced he solves anything major. Good player mind, but once again it'd be another okay left-back, not a potentially world class one.

Chilwell is just another Wayne Bridge. Has to be better out there for the crazy fee Leicester would want.

Ha, was just about to post similar and then saw yours.

I’m not convinced by Chilwell either, surely there are better options out there somewhere? Who is the next Marcelo, Roberto Carlos etc

Ha, was just about to post similar and then saw yours.

I’m not convinced by Chilwell either, surely there are better options out there somewhere? Who is the next Marcelo, Roberto Carlos etc
There seems to be a shortage of world class wing backs on both sides - which is strange considering it's one of the most important positions for top teams, Chillwell defo the most consistent and attacking English one but as for foreign ones I just don't know - probably Mendy when fit and on form but we've never really seen that at City

Prefer gundogan to Rodri , we’ve done very well when gundogan plays cdm alone and atleast he can pass forward unlike Rodri
Crikey. Can’t agree with you there. Rodders is a young bloke, entered a new league, and played with makeshift defence behind him all season, when in reality he should have been eased into the side.

He will be huge for us over the coming seasons, 10 times the player that Gundo is.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.