Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont give a fuck. Means one less obstacle hopefully.
Yeah, if it increases our chances of winning it then I’m all in favour. They’ll presumably get past Shrewsbury anyway so he might well start playing a strong team again once it gets to the quarter finals.

On the subject of Liverpool and respect, I see their women's team manger has had a pop at Tranmere's pitch after their second game there in three weeks was called off.

Yeah, Tranmere, get off you're arses and spend a few quid! It's one thing for your first team to have to play on that, but for an important club, European royalty no less, it just won't do!

I'll try to summarize what Jürgen said at the presser.
  • Klopp said that he took the decision to give the players a break, three weeks ago. In the case of a replay, the replay would be in the middle of this break. Unfortunately it was a replay, but his decisions stands.
  • Regarding the fact that Klopp will not coach the youth team, he made the point that it is Critchleys team, not his. Now that the decision has been made to play the youth team, they have to have the coaches available that are best suited to lead the team.
  • Klopp went on a rant that FA, FIFA, UEFA and the Clubs need to talk to each other. It can't go on like this, with more an more games each season and with expansions planned for both World Cup of Clubs and the Champions League. They will have to think about the players, at some point, and not just business.

I have nothing wrong with any of that tbh, managers do need to make a stand with regards to the amount of games. Liverpool could push for the treble now the league is sown up but if he runs his players into the ground he is risking injuries in a cup with is 3rd choice behind the prem and champs league.

• Klopp went on a rant that FA, FIFA, UEFA and the Clubs need to talk to each other. It can't go on like this, with more an more games each season and with expansions planned for both World Cup of Clubs and the Champions League. They will have to think about the players, at some point, and not just business.

TBF he's spot on.

There's far too much football, and we certainly are seeing the ramifications of players never having more than a coupld of weeks off, in between leagues, international tournaments, pre-season tours etc etc

TBF he's spot on.

There's far too much football, and we certainly are seeing the ramifications of players never having more than a coupld of weeks off, in between leagues, international tournaments, pre-season tours etc etc

I don’t think many people will argue too much with what he says, it’s more the free ride he will get saying it.
Can you Imagine us doing this? There’d be outrage. If he made this decision weeks ago then maybe put out a good team in the first game...

On the subject of Liverpool and respect, I see their women's team manger has had a pop at Tranmere's pitch after their second game there in three weeks was called off.

Yeah, Tranmere, get off you're arses and spend a few quid! It's one thing for your first team to have to play on that, but for an important club, European royalty no less, it just won't do!
Yes but make sure it's offset against you selling something to keep the net spend down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.