Pep calls out Scudamore

Professional sport at the highest level has very fine margins. It's said and heard all the time. It could not be more true. And it's mostly Psychpological this season in my view.

Big decisions in important games (against big teams) aside:

- the tactical fouling tag
- the freekicks given against us for small or sometimes imaginary infringements (especially around our penalty area)
- the lack of free kicks given for us for 50/50s or even definitive fouls

all of the above causes loss of momentum in games.

Ruling out sterlings goal in 2nd game injury time causing city to lose points and be behind liverpool so early on means affecting the mindset of the players from literally almost the start of the season.

Getting unfair treatment in most games when your main competitors get beneficial treatment sits in anyones mind, players and manager included regardless of how mentally tough they are.

It would dishearten anyone knowing they are being handicapped.

So a combination of:

- Tactical fouling tag (creating doubt in players mind about tackling anyone, anywhere on the pitch, at any point of the game)
- Pressure of being behind liverpool most season from the very beginning
- Feeling disheartened by getting unfair treatment against every team, including your main competitors and all the while Livarpool getting the helping hands - (accepting that maybe its not their season)

You can fight all these psychological effects in one game or over a short period of time but over a longer period, it takes its toll and players who are misfiring are low on confidence due to all those things.

Then the injuries and loss of a strong leader have their own impact. But in my opinion, these would be negated if the players did not lose their confidence as above. Instead, the effect is multiplied.

On the opposite end, the opposition like Livarpool have had favourable treatment, favourable decisions and helping hands to keep winning, keep ahead of the competition which again psychologically makes you very confident and makes you think you are invincible. This would normally be followed by complacency which has crept in their game more recently but with the helping hands, they are just about overcoming it.

The fine margins that usually make all the difference are making all the difference. Next season, everyone starts from 0 again and with some luck with injuries and good recruitment, fine margins might not matter so much to us (here's hoping).
Many thanks for detailing the various methods used which I don't deny often work against our performances.

Come on we're a team of humans, not fucking machines. Even machines run at some levels of fault tolerance, give the lads a fucking rest.
As long as you include a rest period for the ones who continue to generate the many, many chances despite seeing their wasteful conclusion by others.

You're being a bit selective though aren't you when you highlight my quote ? because i stated 'For the last few seasons City have been great when it has been going our way but we tend.....'. We have been great , we have won trophies and played great football but teams that step up against us tend to make us wobble . You can write it off as shite if you like, keep your head in the sand or up your arse i don't give a shit , it ain't all VAR . PEP has a problem, his actions, words and his face speak volumes after the game yesterday - we've gone backwards this season and we've lost or drawn against some pretty poor teams, when we should have pissed all over them. Not the sort of display he would want before facing an in form Real Madrid. Keep drinking the Kool Aid if it helps you. We might not like Klopp and the twats on Merseyside but i'd like their spirit and will in our team

Can I just say we have had that spirit for the last 2 years, but I think Pep and the players are starting to come round to the same way of thinking that a lot of the fans, in that we are being undermined from a couple of different angles. We have also missed key players in Sane & Laporte, and losing Ferny into defence from his otherwise pivotal role. I agree we have missed a lot of chances especially penalties when we occasionally get them and shit happens sometimes, but I think we are fighting more than just 11 opposing players every week.
We’ll see how we do when we have our strongest side back out again which is hopefully before the end of the month.

CTID

As long as you include a rest period for the ones who continue to generate the many, many chances despite seeing their wasteful conclusion by others.
I think you'll find every man and their dog liked my post saying exactly that about 10 pages back. A lack of belief and confidence combined with fatigue also effects players like De Bruyne, who we're seeing mis-hitting the occasional pass and cross because he's trying too hard.

Walker's missus kicked him out last week - again.

Mahrez hasn't been naughty, his missus seems to enjoy the celeb life, though...

Walker was carrying on during World Cup, been meeting that lass for months on end

Wasnt Mahrez ex called out for calling other players wifes names?

Stones on & off the field has just been a disaster

I think you'll find every man and their dog liked my post saying exactly that about 10 pages back. A lack of belief and confidence combined with fatigue also effects players like De Bruyne, who we're seeing mis-hitting the occasional pass and cross because he's trying too hard.
I believe we are both on the same side as ardent City supporters ctid.

that journalist yesterday who said I can’t quote you just nodding was a real arrogant .... notice he didn’t state his name and publication.
I posted a couple of weeks ago that there should be a camera behind Pep so we can see which herbert thinks he has come up with the killer question. A decent microphone system would be welcome on the floor with the questioners. Then they should have to announce which rag they represent and their name. No more anonymity.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that there should be a camera behind Pep so we can see which herbert thinks he has come up with the killer question. A decent microphone system would be welcome on the floor with the questioners. Then they should have to announce which rag they represent and their name. No more anonymity.

A machine gun behind Pep would be far preferable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.