Var debate 2019/20

Dermott Gallagher has said today on SKY that VAR is not used to judge if a keeper is off the line as you cannot accurately judge when the ball is kicked. However, could not give an answer when the presenter said "does this then not apply to off side?".
You couldn't make it up.

Dermot says Firminho should have had a penalty and VAR should have given it yet he says they got it right for the Ings tackle as it wasn't worthy lol.

What chance does the game have anymore with these people involved?

He's not involved in the game though, he's a old man with a small segment on day time TV.

I think both were stone wall penalties, only difference is Shane Long was a getting a red card for his one.

Dermott Gallagher has said today on SKY that VAR is not used to judge if a keeper is off the line as you cannot accurately judge when the ball is kicked. However, could not give an answer when the presenter said "does this then not apply to off side?".
You couldn't make it up.

That is scandalous if they cant tell when the ball is kicked and if a keeper has moved from 12yds how can VAR be used for off-side ?

You couldn't make it up.

Au contraire. ;-)

Dermot says Firminho should have had a penalty and VAR should have given it yet he says they got it right for the Ings tackle as it wasn't worthy lol.

What chance does the game have anymore with these people involved?

No chance until we have a system like the rugby where decisions and their reasoning are transparent.

Until then we will get the same old bollocks.

Officially - Spurs scoring would have been disallowed in favour of the penalty.
I would guess that a City goal would have stood, but who knows!

Conspiracy theorist - <insert your own answer here>

The ball staying in play for the two minutes before Dean blew is unusual, which is why it looked strange.

Although I was watching the game through beer goggles from the away end, that’s exactly how I saw it myself. Aguero went down and then City proceeded to keep the ball for 90 seconds or more. During that time, I’d imagine that VAR had long since decided it was a penalty but they were waiting for the ball to either go out of play or us to cede possession, and if we scored in the meantime then that would override the decision to award the penalty. I was even thinking that to myself at the time.

Has anyone watched tonight's new episode of inside number 9?

Its not just us who thinks refs are bent.

Although I was watching the game through beer goggles from the away end, that’s exactly how I saw it myself. Aguero went down and then City proceeded to keep the ball for 90 seconds or more. During that time, I’d imagine that VAR had long since decided it was a penalty but they were waiting for the ball to either go out of play or us to cede possession, and if we scored in the meantime then that would override the decision to award the penalty. I was even thinking that to myself at the time.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but what if they know it's a penalty but are waiting for the ball to go out of play or a neutral area, someone in the meantime has his leg broken tackle in a tackle?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.