Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

Personally think this deserves a thread of it's own.

Apparently the players had an exchange with Pep after Sunday's loss whereby they asked him to stop changing tactics and personnel.

Hopefully everyone getting it off their chests means we can focus on being the best version of ourselves we can be.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Guardiola-stop-rotating-players-tactics.html

So you guys still read this twaddle in the fail?? When will you learn? You are always going on about click bait and as soon as something like this comes along you are all at it. Evidence?? Complete and utter crap and you lot soak it up.

Poor Hammers...

Having a full week til next match is a good opportunity to clarify some things,
regroup, get anyone on board and strengthen the team spirit.

Of course we make most changes as we have the best depth, can rotate for fresh legs
and also have to keep them all involved somehow (otherwise good squad players would be off).

Changing tactics is not easy for players, agreed, but it's not really a reason to blow so many chances.
But as long as the players fell acknowledged and better now, it could be helpful.

Hope we don't get more details. The answer must be on the pitch.

I’m betting his motives in this case are that he’s a journalist and it’s his job to report interesting stories.
The underlying story is not necessarily negative and yet the angle is. How else do you interpret Man City stars tell Pep to stop rotating players and tactics?

I think the typical 433 has become incredibly stale and has resulted in our worst performances this season, so I really don't blame Pep for changing it. If they think he's being too liberal with how many different formations have been used as an alternative to it, then fair enough I guess. But ultimately our better performances in the last couple of months have all come about from different tactics (Kev in the advanced role at Arsenal, two false 9s vs United, etc.). I also don't think he's rotating any more than he's done in the past. Pretty much the only rotation has been the left side of the midfield with David getting older and Gundo/Rodri in the pivot. And rotation in the backline has literally been inevitable due to injuries at LB and Stones constantly getting reinjured.

At the end of the day though, we don't know the specifics of this discussion and what their exact thoughts are, so I can't judge. We'll see how it pans out. There defintely needs to be discussions about their confidence/decision making in both boxes above all else, imo, so hopefully that's come up as well.

The article doesn't seem that bad tbh. Sounds like they had a discussion and the topic was brought up. That's it really.

I don't have a problem with the article. There had to be clear the air talks with the team.

Why in an away dressing room?,
Pep is passionate I know but everything I have read about his past teams all indicated he was a deep thinking manager who delays his opinions on performance until he has spoken with his inner circle.
Strange if he has changed and stranger if players have broken this to the press

Suspect that something similar happened after the Newcastle game last year; hopefully it will achieve a similar outcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.