Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

Why in an away dressing room?,
Pep is passionate I know but everything I have read about his past teams all indicated he was a deep thinking manager who delays his opinions on performance until he has spoken with his inner circle.
Strange if he has changed and stranger if players have broken this to the press
They were locked in for an hour after the game, serious discussions were going on in there.

The players and staff no have a holiday away from football, we come back refreshed and go again.

I thought his tactics were spot on against Spurs. I have never seen such a one sided loss in my life it defied belief. Souness got it right when he said, "That's football sometimes it just isn't your day, you have to get out of there and move on."

We massacred Spur's on their own patch and that was down to Pep's tactics. They hardly had a kick until the sending off and even after it and down to ten men we should have scored twice. It isn't Pep's fault a top international can't score with a free shot from 12 yards. It isn't his fault players made the wrong pass at vital moments and missed chance after chance, a few clear cut. It isn't his fault players lost their discipline, got involved in a melee and picked up pointless yellow cards. It isn't his fault Mahrez passed a corner straight to a Spur's player, leaving us horribly exposed, or that Zinchenko, already on a yellow card, then thought he could barge Winks off the ball and get away with it. Totally brain dead the pair of them. It isn't his fault Otamendi inexplicably moved out of position into no man's land leaving Son free to score. As Pep has said all season we need to improve in both boxes and he is right.

His so called tinkering saw us play the rags off the park in the first half at the swamp and again we should have won 5-1 not 3-1. The return leg was the same, should have won at least 3-1 not lost 1-0.

There isn't a lot wrong with our tactics except maybe moving the ball a little faster and shooting first time when in a decent position. Individual errors at both ends of the pitch have cost us this season, some players slow to recover on the turnovers through a lack of pace and the loss of Kompany, Laporte and Mendy never being fit at left back. That's the reason's we have fallen short and hopefully the players will rest, recover and go all out to finish the season on a high by winning a couple of trophies and cementing runner's up while beating Liverpool into the bargain so ensuring they don't go unbeaten all season.

He needs to worry about his own personal performances first.

Kev's been doing alright lately, trying a bit too hard. I think he's just a little frustrated that his team mates arn't on the same level as him and he's right they arn't. Against Spurs there were one or two unbelievable crosses with no one on the end of them. He's world class and should be surrounded by world class players.

Well, that means the constant bench for some City players. There is no way Pep can keep all the players happy by playing the same team almost all the time bar injuries. Butbthe wholesale tinkering of the team every week has to stop.

Lifting my response from the other thread, but this is potentially very interesting. Happened in his last year at Bayern as well if I recall. And what does Pep always say? He'll stay as long as the players are responding to him.

1st thing I thought of when I saw it. Also why do we think the Daily Fail has got an exclusive on this story or are they guessing / making it up as they do for at least 50% of their stories.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that discussion. I would love to know the details of how it happened and who said what. I saw something about Fernandinho saying something. I wonder who said stop tinkering. Something tells me Sterling said something.

I agree with the players...please get Laporte back in there and in form for Real Madrid, Fern back in the midfield, and Mahrez out on the starting XI
What? Why? Sterling has earned the right to be quiet and listen. I hope for the guy but lately he deserves the bench and instruction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.